Looking for a fun summer project?
June is National Fruit and Vegetable Month, why not celebrate by planting a garden in your program! Join us by snapping some pictures while planting a garden with your kiddos and use the hashtag #CommunityGarden and tag @healthychildcareco on social media.
Gardening with children is fun and can be a wonderful small group activity. You might create container gardens if you don’t have space for a full garden. You can also save your photos to use as evidence for your Colorado Shines Rating for indicator 5.7b!
Need some inspiration to get started? Here are some resources!
- USDA Grow it, Try it, Like it is a free curriculum with fun activities that you can share in your program
- Sesame Street in Communities Garden Senses handout
- Kidsgardening.org has many different free activities you can do with children of all ages
- Cooking Matters’ Exploring Foods Together can be used to encourage trying new foods and can help children decide on what they wish to plant
- Early Childhood Health Outdoors
Good luck and happy planting!
Thank you to Little Bears Child Care for sponsoring this event!
**Contest is open to Colorado ECE Programs only