Technical Assistance

We support Child Care Health Consultants and early childhood professionals by answering clinical and technical questions. We answer 2,500 questions annually. On this page, you’ll find questions and resources.

Frequently Asked Questions

Leave this blank
What are the requirements to become a Child Care Health Consultant?

You are required to:

  • Attend Child Care Health Consultation 101 training
  • Complete annual immunization training
  • Provide the early childhood program with documentation of their current medical/nursing license, biography, and training certificates
  • Conduct and thoroughly document the monthly consultation that is specific to the needs of the program.
Who can be a Child Care Health Consultant in Colorado?
A CCHC must hold a current Colorado license as a registered nurse, pediatric nurse practitioner, family nurse practitioner, or pediatrician with knowledge and experience in maternal and child health.
Is the CCHC 101 training offered online?

Yes, the CCHC 101 Training is offered as an online course at the Colorado Train website.

**As of November 8, 2021 the CCHC 101 Training will not be offered as an online course at the Colorado Train website. If you require this training, Healthy Child Care Colorado will be offering this course  in a Zoom format, in 2 sessions and will include interaction among attendees. You need to complete both sessions in order to receive your certificate. For upcoming 101 training visit our Upcoming Training & Events

Where can I take the required immunization course?

The Department approved Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment (CDPHE) immunization course can be found at Colorado Shines PDIS.

Email us with your additional questions.