We support Child Care Health Consultants and early childhood professionals by answering clinical and technical questions. We answer 2,500 questions annually. On this page, you’ll find questions, answers, and resources.
Frequently Asked Questions
Leave this blank
What are the requirements to become a Child Care Health Consultant?
You are required to:
- Attend Child Care Health Consultation 101 training
- Complete annual immunization training
- Complete Child Abuse Training every 3 years
- Provide the early childhood program with documentation of their current medical/nursing license, biography, and training certificates
- Conduct and thoroughly document the monthly consultation that is specific to the needs of the program.
Who can be a Child Care Health Consultant in Colorado?
A CCHC must hold a current Colorado license as a registered nurse, pediatric nurse practitioner, family nurse practitioner, or physician with knowledge and experience in maternal and child health.
Is the CCHC 101 training offered online?
Yes, the CCHC 101 Training is offered online by Healthy Child Care Colorado. The course is offereda Zoom format, in 2 sessions and will include interaction among attendees. You need to complete both sessions in order to receive your certificate. For upcoming 101 training visit our Upcoming Training & Events
Where can I take the required immunization and child abuse course?
The Department approved Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment (CDPHE) immunization course can be found at Colorado Shines PDIS.