Pyramid Coaching Project
This project ensures that Pyramid-related coaching and implementation support is offered to early childhood programs across the state. This project aims to recognize and reduce challenging behaviors in children while increasing positive behaviors. It can also reduce stress, burnout, and turnover among existing early childhood educators and staff, keeping child care facilities open and operating.
Healthy Child Care Colorado’s Pyramid Coaching Project will offer support to 20 licensed or license-exempt programs at no cost to participants. The implementation of Pyramid Model practices will be supported through coaching, fidelity observation tools, educational books, and teaching materials. The project will be delivered in partnership with the statewide network of certified Pyramid Facilitators/Coaches.
Implementation support is offered at no cost to early childhood educators and administrators employed by licensed or license-exempt programs in Colorado.
- Must be a licensed or license-exempt program in Colorado.
- All teaching team member(s) who participate in Pyramid Model Coaching must have completed or are currently enrolled in a 45+ hour Pyramid Model training. A teaching team includes up to 4 people working in the same age group and environment.
- Desire to learn and practice implementation of the Pyramid Model within your setting.
Selected programs receive the following:
- 10 hours of Pyramid-related coaching
- 1 TPOT or TPITOS Observation
- Unpacking the Pyramid Model Book (valued at $60)
- Pyramid Teaching Kit (valued at $269)
- $1,000 Stipend (paid via check)
Participants must successfully complete the coaching and observations to receive the incentives/stipend
We are partnering with organizations and certified Pyramid Facilitators/Coaches to deliver this implementation support to programs across Colorado.
- Facilitators/Coaches have a current Pyramid Colorado Facilitator Certification
- Facilitators/Coaches are reliable in the TPOT and/or TPITOS Observation Tool(s).
Coaching and observations will be delivered through a variety of virtual and/or in-person sessions.
- Bobette Faux
- Daisy Thomson
- Diana Oehler
- Elizabeth Williams
- Erica Cincotta
- Jackie Sloan
- Jeanne Piper
- Katie Nester
- Kayleen Stratton
- Kate McGuire
- Kelly Herndon
- LJ Werner
- Natalie Hermansen
- Nicole Donatto
- Shannon Meyer
- Sobia Khan
- Stephanie Mari-Swenson
- Susan Hill
- Tammy Licano
Program Coaching Participant Timeline
Informational Webinar: November 8, 2023 @ 2:00 pm
Accepting Participant Applications: November 8 – December 3, 2023
Applicant Review & Selection: December 4 – December 13, 2023
Applicant Notification: December 14, 2023
Participation Agreements: December 14, 2023 – December 31, 2023
Coaching Project Implementation: January 1, 2024 – May 31, 2024