Pyramid Facilitator Certification is an intentional development pathway designed to support professionals in their efforts to improve and support the capacity of state systems and local programs to implement the Pyramid Model, an early childhood multi-tiered system of support to improve the social, emotional, and behavioral outcomes of young children, birth to five years of age.
Introducing the Pyramid Facilitator Candidates in Cohort 3
Healthy Child Care Colorado is proud to congratulate the third cohort of Pyramid Colorado Facilitator Candidates on the completion of their 3-day Certification Institute! The 25 Candidates of Cohort 3 are embarking on a professional journey that concludes in June 2024 will prepare them to:
- Deliver Pyramid training
- Utilize TPOT and / or TPITOS as fidelity tools
- Provide Pyramid Model practice-based coaching – both individual and group coaching
- Support program-wide Pyramid implementation, and more
This 10-month Certification program is an intentional professional development pathway designed to support professionals in improving and supporting the capacity of state systems, communities, and local programs that implement the Pyramid Model.
Twenty-five new participants from 14 counties represent a variety of programs such as school districts, family child care, community-based centers and preschools, head start and early head start, license exempt, early childhood councils, and more. They will learn to deliver Pyramid Model training, utilize observation tools, provide coaching, support program leadership teams, and build relationships with other Pyramid practitioners across the state.
Cohort 3 Candidates
- Becky Edwards, Edwards Early Childhood Consulting, Arapahoe
- Brooke Brogle, Broomfield Early Childhood Council, Boulder
- Cara Hockaday, City of Northglenn, Adams
- Carly Bedard, Consultant, Denver
- Cecilia Ramirez, Denver’s Early Childhood Council, Denver
- Christine Hill, Junior Academy, El Paso
- Denise Benavides, Early Childhood Council of the San Luis Valley, Rio Grande
- Destanie Forbes, Bright Futures & Prime Time, Montrose
- Donna Salvador, SoCo Early Childhood Training & Consultation, Pueblo
- Heather Lynch, Beautiful Beginnings, LLC, Boulder
- Janette (Jamie) Talbert, Mon Petite Academy, Jefferson
- Jennifer Corbin, Roots to Wings, Adams
- Jessica Smolleck, Grand Beginnings, Grand
- Kate Curtis, The Acorn School, Boulder
- Katherine Bucca, Bal Swan, Broomfield
- Kerry Kent, Community College of Denver & Pamoja Early Childhood and Family Program, Boulder
- Michelle Spencer, Weld Re-4 School District, Weld
- Michelle Farrell, Highline Academy Charter School, Adams
- Miriam Oliva Salgado, Denver’s Early Childhood Council, Denver
- Natalie Boscoe, Natalie Boscoe Consulting and The Efshar Project, Boulder
- Patricia Matus-Amat, Community College of Denver, Denver
- Peggy Ferguson, Early Childhood Education Association of Colorado, Fremont
- Prinal Kapadia, Kiddy Academy of Lone Tree, Douglas
- Sena VanPelt, Widefield School District 3, El Paso
- Veronica Cisneros, Early Childhood Council of the San Luis Valley, Alamosa
We are honored to have the opportunity to work with each Candidate and their community! Watch their video!
Certification Support Advisors
These special individuals have expert levels of knowledge, skills, and experience to support and advise candidates as they complete the certification process.
- LJ Werner, Early Childhood Specialist, Trainer, & Coach. & With Ease, LLC
- Lisa Heberlin, Early Childhood Trainer and Coach
- Nicole Donatto, Early Interventionist, The Edification Station
- Kelly Herndon, Training Consultant, Herndon Education Consulting
The Pyramid Facilitator Certification prepares you to deliver Pyramid Model training, utilize observation tools, provide coaching on Pyramid practices, support Program-Wide Leadership Teams, and build relationships with other Pyramid practitioners across the state.
The ten-month program runs from September to June each year and includes opportunities for you to learn and practice strategies to effectively facilitate Pyramid training and coaching as well as utilize reliable observation tools.
The Pyramid Facilitator Certification is an intentional professional development pathway designed to support professionals in their efforts to improve and support the capacity of state systems, communities, and local programs that implement the Pyramid Model.
This certification will prepare you to deliver Pyramid Model training, become reliable in Pyramid observation tools, provide coaching on Pyramid practices, and participate in program-wide leadership team planning, as well as help you build relationships with other Pyramid practitioners across the state. And, to support our states overall coaching capacity, completing Pyramid Facilitator Certification is a specific pathway meeting all of your needs to apply for a Coach Credential in Colorado’s Professional Development Information System.