This is an exciting opportunity to develop and open a new child care center.
To Apply: Email current resume with cover letter with subject ‘Child Care Director’ to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Objective: Strive to fulfill the Mission of YWCA Pueblo in every aspect of the position.
Reports to: Executive Director
Programing Supervises: Child Care Center Staff
As a Child Care Director, you serve as the onsite leader and are responsible for the overall operation of the childcare facility in accordance with state and local laws, licensing requirements and the YWCA Pueblo policies to provide an outstanding and safe experience for staff, children, and their parents.
Specifically, the Child Care Director, under the direction of the Executive Director will:
- Spear head the state licensing of the childcare center and develop policies and procedures to ensure quality level (CO Shines level 4) licensure.
- Comply with state childcare licensing regulations.
- Hire and train childcare center staff.
- Ensure compliance with local health and safety guidelines.
- Develop and keep accurate and concise records.
- Maintain knowledge of state, local and organization policies for enrollment, attendance, payment, subsidy and third-party enrollment and contracts.
- Responsible for enrollment of children and familiarizing parents with center policies.
- Ensure that all provided services and activities are in alignment with the mission, strategic vision, and goals of YWCA Pueblo.
- Ensure open and effective communication with the executive director and provide any information and data needed about the programs in which they oversee.
- Create and promote a safe, calm, structured, trauma-informed environment that promotes compassion, empowerment, and growth.
- Ensure appropriate staffing during business hours.
- Cultivate program development and expansion that is responsive to the needs of program participants and the community.
- Complete and submit monthly and quarterly reports as directed.
- Oversee the training of new staff and volunteers.
- Provide ongoing and regularly scheduled supervision of program staff.
- Travel, though minimal, may be required.
- Performs other job-related duties assigned by the executive director.
Physical requirements include the following:
- Requires standing, sitting, driving, and walking for prolonged periods of time.
- Occasionally lifts and carries items up to 50 pounds.
- Requires working under stress in emergency situations.
- Requires occasional driving in adverse weather conditions.
- Requires frequent use of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard and mouse.
- Requires knowledge of computers and data base systems.
YWCA Pueblo expects all staff to:
- Adapt to change in the workplace and use change as an opportunity for innovation and creativity.
- Take ownership of problems, brainstorm problem resolutions, and use sound judgement in selecting solutions to problems, and demonstrating consistent follow through.
- Possess the job knowledge and skills to perform the fundamental job functions and assume greater responsibility over time regarding the scope of work.
- Inspire and model collaborative teamwork; and
- Demonstrate accommodation, politeness, helpfulness, trust building, appropriate boundaries, and flexibility in customer service.
- Bachelor’s degree in Early Childhood/Elementary Education or related field from an accredited college or university, Associate of Arts, a Child Development Associate Certificate (CDA) or 45 credits in Early Childhood Education
- Have 5 years of management experience, 2 years early childhood preferred.
- Have at least 2 years’ experience working with children.
- Meet the state accredited ratings requirement and be registered as Director qualified as required by the State.
- Must have a current first aid and CPR card.
- Colorado Driver’s license, a good driving record and access to transportation during working hours
- Experience in program implementation.
- Be willing to undergo a fingerprint background check and a TRAILS child abuse and neglect registry check.
What we would like to See in You – The Nice-to-Haves
- Experience successfully working in multi-disciplinary teams.
- Experience working with children.
- Spanish language skills
Salary And Benefits
- Salary – Dependent on Experience, $50,000 – $60,000/annual
- Health Insurance available after 60 days of employment
- Retirement contribution after 2 years of employment
- Vacation and Sick time
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com