YMCA of the Rockies
The Bennett Preschool Teacher is responsible for collaborating with co-teachers and the Preschool Director in teaching preschool-age children using a nature-based curriculum.
- Responsible for implementing preschool curriculum for kids ages 2.5-5.
- Responsible for creating lesson plans and an environment that is driven by the interests of the children.
- Observe children’s development while taking anecdotal notes, videos, and photographs.
- Predict, prevent, identify and respond to safety issues for children in his/her care.
- Uphold Policies and Procedures as it relates to childcare licensing, YMCA policies, and ACA guidelines.
- Must attend required trainings and meetings.
- Assist in opening or closing the preschool as assigned.
- Participate in daily cleaning of program buildings as assigned.
- Work in other departments or program areas as assigned.
- Must possess an Early Childhood Education Degree or combined coursework in ECE plus documented hours in childcare, ranging from 910 hours to 3640 hours, depending on the level of coursework completed.
- Must meet State of Colorado qualifications for a child care center group leader.
- Must be able to work effectively with other team members and communicate to resolve issues
- Must regularly lift up to 40 pounds up to four feet
- Must have basic computer skills, including Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook.
- Must be at least 21 years old
- Must be fluent in speaking English
- Must enjoy working with kids.
- Must possess current First Aid and CPR certification
To apply for this job please visit jobs.ymcarockies.org.