Website YMCA of Metropolitan Denver
YMCA of Metropolitan Denver
JOB LOCATION: YMCA-Schlessman
HOURS/DAYS SCHEDULE: Monday-Friday Hours are TBD, Full time and part time available.
* Rate based on Teacher Level 2-5 Pay rate based on Experience
The Lead Teacher working as part of the YMCA Early Childhood Team, will deliver professional customer service and relationship building skills to create a welcoming environment at the YMCA. The Lead Teacher will conduct an age appropriate program in the Child Care center. They are accountable for children in their care and for operating within the YMCA and state guidelines. Under the direction of the Department Director and Center Director they will plan, organize and conduct and deliver a quality program for children and families in our center. The incumbent will also exhibit the core values of caring, honesty, respect and responsibility in all aspects of their work with the YMCA.
1. Maintain Center in clean and hazard free state.
2. Greet children, parents, members, and staff by name and foster open communication.
3. Present self as a positive role model, maintain neat and clean appearance.
4. Maintain prompt hours. Notify supervisor of illness. Secure substitute in the event of an absence with Director’s approval.
5. Work with staff members in a cooperative manner.
6. Attend scheduled staff meetings and training.
7. Responsible for cleaning and upkeep of program areas.
8. Report suspected child abuse situations to the Director.
9. Assist in other classrooms as necessary.
10. Support YMCA events and programs when requested.
11. Provide planning and implementation of age appropriate experiences with a variety of materials that correlate with the YMCA’s philosophy.
12. Responsible for lesson plans and follow through. Incorporate four core values in daily curriculum.
13. Maintain classroom records regarding accidents, medications, attendance, etc.
14. Actively participate in children’s activities which promote the Center’s goals and objectives.
15. Follow and enforce all YMCA and ECE procedures and policies, including: personnel guidelines, safety guidelines, facility access procedures and membership policies.
16. Carry out emergency plans as necessary.
17. Maintain a clean and safe YMCA. Take initiative to clean up/repair areas.
18. Be dressed in appropriate attire and wear smock at all times.
19. Attend and remain current on all mandatory training’s and staff meetings.
20. Be knowledgeable and supportive of the YMCA Annual Support Campaign.
21. Any other duties as assigned.
Demonstrates Organizational Ownership
Flexible and Nimble
Thrive in a Team Environment
Developing Self & Others
WORK ENVIRONMENT & PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
Child care employees will frequently be required to stand, walk, sit, use hands to finger to handle or feel objects, tools, controls, reach with hands and arms, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, talk and hear.
The employee is sometimes required to taste and smell.
The employee is regularly required to lift and move 50 plus pounds.
Specific vision abilities include: close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
These physical demands are required in order to teach, care for, discipline and provide for overall safety of children for which this position is responsible.
While performing the duties of this job, this individual is occasionally exposed to wet and humid conditions, outdoor weather conditions, fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, and potentially explosive materials.
The noise level in this employee’s work environment ranges from moderate to loud.
INTERPERSONAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES:
Perform and provide excellent customer service skills by exceeding member expectations! Consistently greet every person who enters the YMCA (by name, if known) and recognize all members and guests when they leave.
Engage in active listening with members and program participants in order to build relationships, understand individuals goals and interests, and take the initiative to ensure the member has a positive experience.
Provide accurate information about membership and programs.
Help prospects and members experience the YMCA by introducing them to other staff and members. By creating these interactions, we will demonstrate that the YMCA is a place where we take the time to connect, communicate and engage in respectful and friendly relationships. Develop new opportunities for members to interact with one another. Be a Relationship Builder for the YMCA.
Be familiar with the mission statement and core values of the YMCA. Model the core values while working and communicating with other staff members.
Always have a friendly, helpful attitude and wear a smile.
Actively listen, reflect and respond to customer questions and concerns in a caring manner. When the opportunity presents itself, go above and beyond to resolve the situation immediately.
Be familiar with the YMCA’s Mission, Character Development, and Program Goals.
Ensure safety and well-being of children at all times.
1. Minimum age 18 years old.
2. Must have completed ECE 101 with a “C” or better.
3. Must have one of the following qualifications:
a. Completed a 2nd ECE class and have 3640 hours of documented experience working with children under the age of 5.
b. Have an Associates Degree in the field of ECE, and 910 hours of experience.
c. A Bachelors Degree in the field of ECE with no documented experience.
d. A Bachelors Degree in a non-related field, plus 1 ECE class with 910 hours of experience.
4. The Lead Teacher must be qualified according to State guidelines.
5. Must be certified in BLS (Basic Lifesaving Skills) First Aid and Emergency O2.
6. Willing to attend training to continually increase knowledge in the field of Early Childhood Education.
7. Must become familiar with and program with quality standards and State Guidelines.
8. Must follow YMCA procedures and guidelines.
9. Be knowledgeable in High/Scope and COR Curriculum.
10. Must be knowledgeable in Qualistar and licensing standards.
11. Interact positively with parents, staff supervisors, and children.
To apply for this job please visit www.paycomonline.net.