Westminster Public Schools
JOB ID: 3240
POSITION: Administrative Assistant – Adams County Local Coordinating Organization
(8 hours per day, 260 days per year, Location: District wide)
CLASSIFICATION: NONINST 04 ($24.27-$28.16 per hour)
CLOSING DATE: Until filled
Candidates can apply on-line at mywps.org by 4 PM of the closing date. For all current District employees, please submit Online Internal Application along with an updated resume and any other documents pertaining to the position by 4pm of closing date.
INCOMPLETE APPLICATIONS & RESUMES RECEIVED IN LIEU OF APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED.
The Adams County Partnership is a unique public-private collaboration designed to serve as the Local Coordinating Organization (LCO) for the county. An LCO, as identified in HB22-1295, is responsible for supporting local access and equitable delivery of early childhood and family support programs. Our Partnership includes representatives from families, school districts, the county, ECPAC, as well as private and family child care providers. Because we believe it takes the entire community to raise our youngest neighbors, we authentically include and engage a wide variety of stakeholders in all aspects of our work.
The Adams County Local Coordinating Organization is charged with fostering partnerships, creating alignment, and establishing a comprehensive, equitable, community-supported early childhood plan. We serve as a liaison between families, the local early childhood system and the state. We work hard to make families lives easier, creating a county where navigating childcare, education, health, and wellbeing supports is clear, seamless, and stress-free. In year one, we must, at minimum, coordinate a mixed delivery system of Universal Preschool.
The Adams County Local Coordinating Organization (LCO) is looking to hire an administrative assistant to support the director, staff, and board. This position will often be the first line of contact with providers, families, and caregivers to learn about universal preschool, early childhood programs, and family support resources in Adams County. As such, this role is suited for an individual who is passionate about early childhood education, equity, and helping create a culture of inclusiveness, effectiveness, and trust.
- *High school diploma or equivalent, Associate Degree or higher desired
- *Three years experience in office management, Microsoft Office with emphasis on Excel desired
- *Bilingual English-Spanish desired
- *Oral and written communications skills
- *Personal computer, keyboarding and 10-key skills
- *Customer service and public relations skills
- *Must be highly organized to meet critical deadlines and prioritize work projects
- *Critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- *Basic Math skills and ability to complete purchase and budget processes
- *Ability to work as part of a team and alone with minimal supervision
- *Ability to manage multiple tasks with frequent interruptions
- *Ability to manage multiple priorities
- *Ability to promote and follow Board of Education policies with building and department procedures.
- *Ability to recognize the importance of safety in the workplace, follow safety rules, practice safe work habits, and utilize appropriate safety equipment and report unsafe conditions to the appropriate administrator
- *Must be able to read, write, and comprehend English
- *Experience and/or skills working with culturally diverse populations desired
- *Once an initial selection has been made, the candidate will be required to demonstrate having COVID immunization.
- *Provides general receptionist duties including greeting and assisting visitors, answering the office phone, taking messages, and directing callers to the right person.
- *Provides scheduling support and assistance to all members of the LCO office and board
- *Offers registration and enrollment support such as working with Bridgecare (the state’s enrollment platform) to share enrollment lists with providers and directly providing supports to families as needed
- *Completes required LCO reporting (monthly budget documents to state; staff time sheets; funder reports, etc.)
- *Supports preparing monthly and annual reports for stakeholders
- *Completes Excel spreadsheet data entry when needed
- *Proofreads paperwork and documents
- *Assesses and triages critical and urgent calls or concerns from families, providers, and stakeholders
- *Performing other duties as assigned
Westminster Public Schools is an Equal Opportunity Employer. District policy prohibits discrimination against any applicant on the basis of race, color, creed, sex, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, marital status, or disability. Complaints in these matters should be addressed to the Chief of Staff, 6933 Raleigh Street, Westminster, CO 80030, phone: (303) 428-3511. Although the position is based at a school/department, the employer is Westminster Public Schools.
To apply for this job please visit www.applitrack.com.