Website The Wonder Academy
A Reggio-inspired school that meets people where they are!
We are currently seeking passionate Associate (Support) Teachers to join our team now in preparation for our upcoming school year beginning August 22 at The Wonder Academy!
We are a female-independently owned Reggio-Inspired early childhood school located in the heart of downtown Denver. We are significantly adjusting our program for the upcoming school year to hone in and up-level our identity as a school (vs. a child or daycare center) and thus, are looking for the right teachers to join us on the journey.
Our ideal associate teachers are lead qualified and possess innate respect for children and people of all ages, as well as are familiar, experienced, and/or believe in a child-led play-based approach to early childhood education. This is a great opportunity for teachers new to the field looking to gain experience or work their way up to a lead classroom teaching position or those who desire a little less responsibility than being a full-time classroom teacher! You can learn more about us by visiting our website – www.thewonderacademy.com.
About the Position
As an Associate Teacher your daily duties will include but are not limited to:
- Supporting the two lead classroom teachers and students in your classroom (two lead co-teachers + one associate teacher present in each classroom)
- Actively engaging in all classroom activities with lead teachers and their students including but not limited to – participating in curricula, attending walking field trips, caregiving, building relationships, communicating with parents and fellow staff, etc.
- Seamlessly stepping in for one of the lead classroom teachers when they are out, as well as covering their breaks throughout the day (and they will cover yours!)
- Ensuring that the classroom environment is safe, developmentally appropriate, clean, and organized, as well as meets all state licensing and school standards
- Following the individual lead and needs of each student in your classroom (offering responsive and individualized caregiving when needed)
- Communicating with parents/guardians about their child in person and via the Tadpoles App
- Communicating professionally with parents/guardians and fellow staff
- Being a team player and positive contributor to our community – do all things with integrity!
- Passion for early childhood education and willingness to learn!
- Lead teacher qualified – or committed to becoming lead qualified
- Experience working in an ECE school or with children ages 1-5
- Experience practicing, familiar or personal belief in child-led, play-based practices/philosophies – Reggio, RIE, Forest School, and/or Waldorf
- Knowledgeable about the social, emotional, and creative needs of young children
- Respectful, nurturing, and loving teaching style
- Have a genuine passion for teaching early childhood students and a passion for the field
- Excellent verbal and written communication, listening, and follow-up skills
- Display professionalism and agility in an ever-changing environment
- Committed to showing up, doing, and being your best self for the benefit of all – most importantly YOU!
- Must have and/or be able to complete all local tasks required to be in compliance with licensing
- Must be able to perform all duties of the job including being able to lift up to 35lbs (should children or other items need to be picked up)
- Competitive hourly wage – with a fair pay structure that takes both education and experience into account with the opportunity for annual increases
- Closed and paid for all major holidays, multiple week-long breaks throughout the year including – spring, summer, fall, and winter – professional development days, staff meetings, conference days, and more…
- Additional paid time off, sick time allowances, and overtime
- Bi-weekly pay
- Company contribution to health insurance
- 100% coverage of vision and dental insurance (with the election of medical coverage)
- Meaningful, out-of-the-norm, ongoing professional development
- Employee tuition discount for children of staff (should space be available)
The Wonder Academy is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to welcoming all qualified applicants, children, and people regardless of – race, age, gender identity and expression, ethnicity, family composition, ability/disability, learning styles, religion, sexuality, and socio-economic status – to follow their wonderings and celebrate their true authentic selves at our school.
Key Words: Assistant, Float, Support Teacher
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $18.00 – $22.00 per hour
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org