Website The Beehive
Looking for a 3rd teacher to join our terrific toddler team!
The Beehive is an onsite Early Childhood Education Center that fosters a love of learning, curiosity, and a sense of community in the heart of downtown Denver. This is an opportunity to be a part of our inaugural staff in a light filled beautifully designed space with a focus on play-based education year-round for infants through pre-k students. The Beehive is a unique work opportunity offering rich professional learning with a diverse group of curious and creative colleagues and a chance to make a difference.
The students of The Beehive are all children of Guild employees. We intend for our program to meet not just the bar for licensing, but to exceed higher-quality standards and practices in facility design, teacher ratios, and operations. The Beehive is located in the Republic Plaza’s annex building, adjacent to Guild’s office spaces in Denver, Colorado
We are an employee sponsored child care center in downtown Denver w/great teacher benefits (including cont. ed opportunities) & a wonderful community! Please apply using the attached link on Indeed.
As the Classroom Lead Teacher you will:
- Join and support an onsite team in Denver, CO committed to building a diverse, equitable, and inclusive environment.
- Encourage and foster an inviting, warm and nurturing learning environment.
- Collaborate with leadership and your classroom team to think in a new and different way about employer-based child care.
- Help define and implement a play-based general educational curriculum with developmentally appropriate practices to address physical, emotional, social and cognitive needs of children.
- Collaborate with staff to develop positive learning activities; manage adherence to state and local regulations.
- Assist in selecting resources for and setting up classrooms.
- Use the Brightwheel app to supervise daily student activities and progress and share with families.
- Develop and maintain The Beehive community with staff and families.
- Participate in robust professional learning on site in all aspects of early childhood education to grow your own skills as a learner and a leader.
- Mentor and train new staff as needed.
- Ensure child safety in the classroom, outdoor space and in common areas.
Ideal candidate will have:
- Experience in play-based education including Reggio Emilia inspired curriculum.
- An understanding of Colorado Licensing Rules and Regulations for childcare centers.
- A passion for individual children’s development as they learn and grow.
- Flexibility and patience to work in a fast-paced, fun, and collaborative new environment.
- Nurturing and caring approach to working with children.
- Strong time management skills.
- Ability to work onsite in Denver, Colorado
- Associate’s degree or equivalent credits in ECE, Elementary Education, Special Education, Family and Child Development or Child Psychology. Bachelor’s degree in ECE or related field preferred.
- ECT qualified.
- 1 or more years of experience working with young children in a licensed setting.
- Willingness to work with children in an expansive environment.
- Flexible availability 7:30 a.m. – 5:30 p.m. Monday – Friday.
- Prolonged periods standing and walking throughout the classroom.
- Must be able to sit and stand on the floor throughout the day, and bend, kneel, or squat to be at eye level with children.
- Must be able to lift up to 35 lbs. approximately 100 times per day/shift.
- Consistent with its duty to provide and maintain a safe and healthy workplace, The Beehive has adopted a COVID-19 policy to safeguard the health and well-being of our employees, Beehive families, and visitors from the community. As a prospective and/or a new employee of The Beehive, you will be required to comply with our protocol. As a condition of your employment, you must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 by your first day of work.
The Beehive is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $23.00 – $25.00 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Professional development assistance
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Are you fully vaccinated against COVID-19 including 1 booster? (If you answer “no”, you will not be considered for a job)
- ECT Certification in the state of CO (Required)
Work Location: In person
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.