Website sonflowerchristianpreschool Sonflower Christian Preschool
Outdoor and Play Based Education for 2.5-5 year olds.
Why Sonflower Christian Preschool:
The mission of Sonflower Christian Preschool is to promote learning, healthy development, and high-quality care for all children through Christian education, advocacy, and support for families. Sonflower Christian Preschool provides a learning environment that is focused on outdoor time (80% of the day) in a play-based approach. Community involvement is highly encouraged both through our local community and the community of the families, students, and staff.
What We Are Looking For
The Large Center Director will be motivated in creating ultimate success for all participants in our community. As an outdoor-based program, the director will possess a high interest in nature and outdoor activities, as well as knowledge to share with all stakeholders. The director will be experienced in play-based education and community development. A strong background in Christian, nature, and play-based education is desired. As a director, the job is different each day, ranging from program development and operations to support in the classroom. The director will be scheduling and supporting a team of 6-10 staff and working with community and state organizations consistently for program improvement.
This is a full-time, exempt, Monday – Friday position with availability for community events and program activities as needed.
- Ensure a safe, happy, and stimulating environment for children.
- Manage and coordinate curricula with staff that complies with state and federal requirements.
- Ensure that center facilities are safe for children and comply with laws and regulations.
- Evaluate and purchase materials, equipment, and supplies.
- Manage and support teaching staff and promote their professional development.
- Interview, hire, and train new staff members, ensuring they meet all policies and legal requirements.
- Complete ongoing training and courses to remain up to date on daycare standards and procedures.
- Communicate and meet with parents regarding their children and the center’s policies.
- Manage and oversee the budget and accounts and ensure that the center remains profitable.
- Develop and facilitate marketing and communication plans.
- Other duties as assigned that support the mission and success of the organization.
What We Need from You:
- Appropriate large center director-qualified certification
- Willingness to share their Christian testimony and instruct others in the faith
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to effectively communicate with internal and external stakeholders/customers/staff
- Able to learn computer functions, systems, and on-the-job skills
- Ability to take initiative and effectively adapt to change
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work independently and to carry out assignments to completion within parameters of instructions given prescribed routines, and standard accepted practices
- Works well in a collaborative team environment
Nice to Have:
- 2 years experience as a center director
- Demonstrate a strong work ethic to achieve academics goals
- Experience working independently without direct supervision
- Grant-writing experience
- Community events and connection experience
What We Offer
Salary Range: $42,240 – $49,280 Depending on experience
In compliance with Colorado’s Equal Pay for Equal Work Act (EPEWA) we are disclosing the compensation for this position.
Interested candidates, please email a cover letter and resume to email@example.com. No phone calls, please.
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employees may perform other related duties as established to meet the ongoing needs of the business. Sonflower Christian Preschool is an “at-will” employer.
To apply for this job email your details to Naturetonurturedgo@gmail.com