Website SkyView Academy
Position: Preschool Assistant Teacher
Reports to: Preschool Director
Dates: Fall 2022-2023
SkyView Academy is committed to preparing students to be lifelong learners and honorable leaders of tomorrow.
SkyView Academy offers a research-based, content-rich liberal arts program with a commitment to foreign language studies and community service. Staff, parents, and students are actively involved in a culture of expectation and support where individuals are respected, valued, and known by the content of their character.
SVA Preschool Teachers Will:
- Have a deep passion for learning and the subject matter being taught.
- Support implementation of the SVA vision & mission, helping set the tone and culture.
- Engage students in thoughtful, logical dialog on a consistent basis and build appropriate professional relationships with students
- Differentiate instruction to address various learning styles.
- Demonstrate effective classroom management and discipline.
- Communicate proactively with students, staff, and parents.
- Understand that student learning is the measure of successful teaching.
- Embrace feedback from administration in a continuous improvement modality.
- Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of Colorado State Rules and Regulations pertaining to Preschool.
- In cooperation with (and under the supervision of) a Lead Teacher, teach a classroom of 3-4 or 4-5-year-old students.
- Being up to date, compliant, and knowledgeable on state Licensing Rules and Regulations and Health Department Rules and Regulations
- Sanitizing and disinfecting surfaces/items in the classroom as deemed necessary by state rules and regulations
- Be involved in the life of the school – Clubs, Sports, Community Service, or Character Program
- Monitor lunch and/or hallways
- Other duties as assigned by the Elementary Principal, or Preschool Director
Any ONE of these options is to be considered Early Childhood Teacher (ECT) qualified:
Bachelor’s Degree in Early Childhood Education, Special Education, Child Psychology, Elementary Education, or Family and Child Development
Bachelor’s Degree in an unrelated area of study AND (2) 3 semester hour classes focused on ECE from a regionally accredited college/university (introduction to ECE and ECE guidance strategies)
2 year College Degree in Early Childhood Education (at least 60 semester hours) AND 6 months (910 verified hours) experience
12 semester hours in Early Childhood Education from a regionally accredited college/university including (2) 3 semester hour classes focused on ECE from a regionally accredited college/university (introduction to ECE and ECE guidance strategies) PLUS 9 months (1,395 verified hours) of experience in supervising 4 or more children under the age of 6, who are not related to the applicant in any way
Child Development Associate Certification
Completion of a vocational or occupational education sequence in child growth and development AND (12) months (1,820 hours) of verified experience in the care and supervision of 4 or more children under the age of 6, who are not related to the applicant in any way
(2) 3 semester hour classes focused on ECE from a regionally accredited college/university (introduction to ECE and ECE guidance strategies) AND at least 24 months (3,640 verified hours) of experience in supervising 4 or more children under the age of 6, who are not related to the applicant in any way
At least one year (1,820 verified hours) of experience in a preschool classroom *(not considered ECT qualified, may not be left unsupervised with children)*
Familiarity with Colorado State Licensing/Health Department Rules and Regulations
CPR/First Aid/Standard Precautions Certification
Proficient in Technology
Excellent Communication Skills
Successful candidates will be exceptional leaders, communicators, and enthusiastic about the SVA charter school model which empowers staff and families, values Core Knowledge, Classical curriculum, foreign language, character education, and service to the community.
Other desired attributes include:
Experience implementing the Core Knowledge Sequence and Classical teaching methods
Passion for early childhood education
Passion for developing a whole-school culture that provides an appropriate structure for grades preschool-12
Precise, persuasive, and effective interpersonal communication and writing skills
Entrepreneurial attitude, solid decision-making, and well-developed management skills
Accountable for their own actions and decisions as well as comfortable holding others accountable for theirs
Accessible with an open-minded approach to students, staff, parents, and community
Dedication to being a respectable leader and role model at the school and within the community
Please submit cover letters and resumes to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Mail documents to 6161 Business Center Dr., Highlands Ranch, CO 80130.
For more information, visit our website: skyviewacademy.org
SkyView prohibits unlawful discrimination against applicants or employees on the basis of age 40 and over, race, sex, color, religion, national origin, disability, military status, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable state or local law.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com