Salida School District/Salida Early Childhood Center
View full details on school district website.
Salida School District is seeking an Early Childhood Special Education Teacher.
- Be licensed by the State of Colorado as a Special Education Teacher or Counselor Or, have a Master’s degree in counseling, psychology, social work, BCBA, Early Childhood Mental Health Specialist or a related field
- Skilled in writing/professional reports
- Knowledgeable of early childhood assessments
- Ability to work with student’s academic and social/emotional needs
- Be able to work successfully with a team
- Work effectively and create a positive rapport with elementary preschool aged students, staff, administration, parents and community members
- Provide case management and direct services to preschool aged children with disabilities; services provided may cross developmental domains (cognitive, self-help, fine motor, social-emotional, etc.)
- Provide ongoing and regular consultation to general education teachers, staff, and parents
- Complete initial assessments
- Collect and record data related to child’s IEP goals AND other areas of development
- Use GOLD/progress monitoring tool as part of data collection
- Complete toilet training and assist children with related toileting and/or dressing tasks when needed
- Write IEP’s and manage paperwork responsibilities for students on caseload
- Teacher is expected to participate in district development of curriculum and instruction.
- Teacher is expected to attend / participate in teacher PLC’s and Support the MTSS process as needed.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com