Website Parent Possible
Stronger families, today & tomorrow.
Parent Possible equips parents with the tools and information to be their child’s most valuable teacher, trainer, and mentor in life. We promote and oversee the delivery of three proven parent engagement programs, providing access and support, ensuring efficacy and impact, and advocating and collaborating with early childhood partners across the state.
Parents as Teachers (PAT) is an evidence-based early childhood home visiting model that builds strong communities, thriving families, and children who are healthy, safe, and ready to learn. PAT utilizes a home visitation model, working with families from pregnancy until their child enters kindergarten. PAT aims to improve parenting practices by increasing a parent’s knowledge of early childhood development. Through home visits and ongoing assessment, parent educators can provide early detection of developmental delays and health issues, help in the prevention of child abuse and neglect, and increase children’s school readiness and success.
Parent Possible is seeking a Parents as Teachers (PAT) Program Manager to provide guidance, fidelity monitoring, training, and technical assistance to PAT programs in Colorado. This position reports to the Parent Possible PAT Program Director.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Program Management, Fidelity, and Development
- Provide state-level guidance and technical assistance to Colorado’s PAT program affiliates in implementing programs with fidelity.
- Develop in-depth knowledge of PAT programming, including current issues and challenges facing individual affiliates, key resources available to individual affiliates, and a clear understanding of individual affiliates’ quality, adherence to model fidelity, and progress toward stated objectives.
- Conduct on-site monitoring visits of PAT sites, utilizing quality/fidelity protocols and compliance/risk assessment tools, and maintain records of visits, findings, and Continuous Quality Improvement (CQI) plans.
- Provide PAT sites with annual Affiliate Performance Review guidance and review.
- Support sites to ensure fidelity around data collection and evaluation.
- Provide outreach to potential program sites and start-up guidance and support for new site development.
- Ensure programs funded through the Maternal Infant Early Childhood Home Visiting (MIECHV) grant are meeting all program and data collection requirements by providing appropriate training and technical assistance.
- Maintain and update PAT affiliate information in Salesforce for assigned affiliates.
- Offer Visit Tracker support to PAT affiliates, especially new affiliates, and supervisors.
- Support achievement of stated grant objectives for Parent Possible’s PAT‐related grants.
- Contribute to grant reports as needed.
- Respond to general inquiries regarding Parent Possible and its programs, including telephone and email assistance inquiries as well as generating appropriate written and oral correspondence.
- Assist PAT Program Director and other Parent Possible staff with special projects and initiatives, such as the Parent Possible state conference and PAT Supervisor retreat, as needed.
- Perform other duties assigned.
Knowledge, Experience, and Technical Skills Required
- Bachelor’s Degree in early childhood education, social work, family studies, psychology, or related field.
- Two years experience as a home visitor and/or home visiting program supervisor.
- Ability to use and understand data and data systems to track program-level information.
- Computer literacy and experience in Microsoft Office programs and Zoom.
- Ability to travel throughout Colorado, requiring 1-3 nights of travel per trip.
- Experience with PAT programming as a parent educator and/or supervisor is strongly preferred.
- Professional program management experience preferred.
- Bilingual and bi-literate English/Spanish preferred.
- Master’s Degree in a related field preferred.
Communication and Relationship Building Skills
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative relationships and ability to convey complex requirements while maintaining effective working relationships.
- Ability to provide support, guidance, and feedback to affiliates while maintaining a strength-based approach.
Organizational Management Skills
- Strong organizational skills and meticulous attention to accuracy and detail.
- Self-starter with the ability to multi-task, handle frequent interruptions and competing priorities.
- Independently manage multiple tasks and projects, make independent administrative/procedural decisions and judgments, and manage time efficiently to meet multiple deadlines.
- Articulated belief in the mission and programs of Parent Possible and the ability to quickly learn about the organization’s services and priorities.
- Ability to acquire and maintain sound knowledge and understanding of the organization and its programs and use that knowledge and understanding to better comprehend all projects and programs
- High level of professionalism and ability to function effectively under stress.
OTHER POSITION INFORMATION:
- Starting salary range is $48,000-$52,000, commensurate with experience.
- This is a salaried, full-time position with an excellent benefits package, including employer-paid health insurance, dental insurance, life insurance, short- and long-term disability coverage, and IRA with a 3% employer match from the date of hire. Parent Possible also offers paid time off and paid parental leave, alternating paid Fridays off throughout the year, and a paid holiday office closure from December 24th to January 1st.
- Parent Possible is committed to professional development for all staff, including a dedicated professional development budget for each staff member and regular opportunities for training and coaching.
- Parent Possible is a hybrid work environment, with staff working predominately remotely. Generally, there are 1-2 required days per month in the office for staff meetings, staff retreats, or other critical team-based work. All staff are awarded a remote work stipend on hire to support the setup of their home office.
- Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis until filled. Finalists for the position will be asked to complete a brief performance-related task. All Parent Possible employees must be able to pass a comprehensive background check.
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter, resume, and contact information for three professional references to email@example.com.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org