Website Paddington Station Preschool
Cultivate. Collaborate. Inspire.
This position is responsible for the care and maintenance of the physical building and grounds at Paddington Station Preschool: ensuring a clean, safe, and secure environment for students, staff, faculty, and the public. The Facilities Manager effectively manages all aspects of maintenance and upkeep, whether completing the work or having the work done by an outside contractor.
Reports to: Head of School
Schedule: 40 hours per week, Monday-Friday, 7:30am-3:30pm
Fundamental Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Abides by Paddington Sacreds.
- Knowledge of the building and grounds operations and maintenance.
- Understanding of HVAC, electrical, plumbing, maintenance, and repairs.
- Familiarity with rules and regulations as specified by Department of Human Services (DHS).
- Ability to be flexible with hours worked and dependable.
Key duties include, but are not limited to:
- Inspect building and grounds daily to ensure cleanliness, safety and security of environment checking for needed repairs and maintenance.
- Continue to maintain all safety, sanitization, cleaning, and licensing:
o Fill Portable sinks daily (Creative Explorations) o Maintain spray guns (3) in working order.
- Schedules and manages all necessary maintenance and repair work.
- Supervises, inspects or actively participates in all maintenance and repair including grounds and landscaping.
- Monitors and maintains buildings systems including heating, air conditioning, ventilation, water, security, fire alarm systems, and interior/exterior lighting.
- Coordinate with cleaning staff any repairs or improvements to assist in efficient and thorough completion of cleaning staff’s duties.
- Coordinates scheduled repairs and projects with the Head of School.
- Receives, delivers and stores all supply and equipment orders. Provide all necessary documents and forms to properly account for such orders.
- Keep accurate and necessary records and documentation.
- Coordinates opening, closing, and assisting in the set-up of the school building for all school functions.
- Provide safety to families as they cross 13th Avenue and Quebec Street in AM/PM drop-off and pick-up as crossing guard.
- Member of Building and Grounds Board Committee.
- Member of Emergency Response Team.
- Supports Green Initiatives within school community.
- Committed to engaging in the hard work of educational equity, anti-racism, and anti-bias education.
- Other duties as assigned by the Head of School.
- Ability to lift items (no more than 25 lbs.).
- Serve as crossing guard in the morning (8:20-9:00 am) and the afternoon (2:50-3:20 pm) at the intersection of 13th and Quebec ensuring families safely cross the street.
- Should be at all times professional, motivated, enthusiastic, and pleasant.
- Ability to work effectively and cooperatively with others, as well as communicate tactfully with parents and staff members.
- Ability to multi-task, with a strong attention to detail and time-sensitive deadlines.
- Strong verbal and non-verbal communication skills.
- Ability to remain tactful and discrete in sensitive and confidential situations.
Pay Range of $50,000-$58,000 based on experience
Health, Dental, Vision, Short Term Disability, and Life Insurance included for the employee One day / month provided for personal or sick leave
Send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 303.333.9154 ext. 304.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com