Website Mind Springs Health
Mind Springs Health is the Western slope’s largest behavioral health care organization, covering more than 23,000 square miles of territory across 10 unique Colorado counties from the Eisenhower Tunnel to the Utah border.
We treat a large scope of behavioral health care needs, from prevention services like Mental Health First Aid courses and our Positive Psychology/Resiliency program, to outpatient services and in-community services like school-based mental health initiatives. Mind Springs Health is also associated with West Springs Hospital, a private not-for-profit psychiatric hospital and the only one on the western slope.
- Master’s degree in Social Work, Counseling, or Psychology required;
- Two (2) years post-graduate experience in human services related field preferred.
- Licensed in the State of Colorado preferred.
- Minimum of one year of experience as a mental health clinician specializing in work with young children (ages 0 – 5) and their adult caregivers.
Provide prevention based mental health consultation to adult caregivers caring for young children ages birth to six (6) in preschool/early childhood settings.
Knowledge, Skill & Ability (including materials and equipment directly used):
- Ability to create strong relationships with adults and children with an understanding of, and respect for, culture and diversity.
- Knowledge of early development, infant/preschool mental health theory and infant/preschool mental health interventions and trauma informed care.
- Work experience in group-settings for children.
- Experience with assessment of young children’s social and emotional functioning.
- Experience with and/or knowledge of group dynamics and intervention with adults.
- Knowledge and understanding of trauma-informed care principles/practices.
- Ability to produce written documentation of clinical work in a manner readily understood by other service providers.
- Ability to summarize service themes from a variety of client contacts and communicate suggested improvements for service delivery.
- Ability to demonstrate appropriate clinical judgment when assessing the level of risk and determining resolution of client emergencies, resulting in a safe outcome.
- Working knowledge of Windows based computer applications to include Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Outlook, and Internet access.
- Ability to operate standard office equipment including computer keyboard, calculator, copy machine, fax and multi-line telephone.
Working Conditions/Physical Demands:
- Employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- Employee is frequently required to walk, sit, stand or kneel and occasionally required to climb or balance and stoop.
- Must have ability to sit for longer periods of time at a computer.
- Employee must be able to travel between Mind Springs sites.
- May be exposed to stressful situations that involve enraged, distraught and/or intoxicated individuals with possible mental health conditions.
- Possible exposure to communicable disease.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Sign on bonus $2,000 (some conditions apply)
- Cost of Living Allowance: $360.10 per year
- Paid time off accrual and generous leave policy
- 403b Retirement Benefits with 6% company match
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com