Website KIPP Colorado
About KIPP: Together with families and communities, KIPP creates joyful, academically excellent schools that prepare students with the skills and confidence to pursue the paths they choose—college, career, and beyond—so they can lead fulfilling lives and build a more just world. KIPP is a national network of tuition-free, public charter schools open to all students. There are 255 college-preparatory KIPP schools in 20 states and the District of Columbia, serving more than 100,000 students. Nationally, KIPP students are graduating four-year colleges at three times the national average for low-income students.
Who we are: KIPP Colorado Schools (KIPP CO) is a network of six high-performing, college-preparatory public charter schools. Our 300-person staff educates 2,500 students in grades 9-12 at KIPP Denver Collegiate High School and KIPP Northeast Denver Leadership Academy, grades 5-8 at KIPP Sunshine Peak Academy and KIPP Northeast Denver Middle School, and grades Early Childhood Education (ECE)-4 through 4th grade at KIPP Northeast Elementary. In 2019, KIPP Sunshine Peak Elementary became our newest elementary school educating students from ECE-3 through 4th grade. Our alumni community is supported by KIPP Forward, which is our comprehensive support program for our 808 high school alumni who are charting their own paths. Learn more about our student and family experience here.
What we do: We believe in the unique gifts and brilliance of every student. We believe in setting a high bar for joy and academic excellence to ensure the infinite possibilities our students have before them become a reality. We aspire to create and reinforce a culture of achievement, belonging and support. We know that every student is different and we personalize learning based on a student’s needs, skills, and interests.
About the Role:
The Early Childhood Education Paraprofessional assists with delivery of instruction, care, discipline, and the preparation of instructional materials for three, four and/or five year-old pre-kindergarten students as directed by the ECE classroom teacher. The Early Childhood Education Paraprofessional performs classroom duties which may include but are not limited to preparing instructional materials, assisting with student instruction and daily living skills, care and discipline, and keeping the classroom clean and well-organized.
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
The Early Childhood Education Paraprofessional assists with delivery of instruction, care (possibly including diaper changing), discipline, and the preparation of instructional materials for three, four and/or five year-old pre-kindergarten students as directed by the ECE classroom teacher. The Early Childhood Education Paraprofessional performs classroom duties which may include, but are not limited to:
- Working closely with classroom teaching team to design and execute highly effective academic and social learning experiences for children
- preparing instructional materials
- Assisting with student instruction (leading small groups, facilitating student play)
- Running lunch and recess duty
- Assisting with care and discipline
- Keeping the classroom clean and well-organized.
- Ability to work in-person with students
- High School Diploma, GED, Associates, or higher.
- Commitment to and experience with youth of various cultural and lower economic backgrounds
- Demonstrated leadership, results, growth mindset and ability to work across lines of difference
- Student teaching and/ or paraprofessional experience
- AA in Early Childhood Education
- CDA non-degree certification
- PDIS Level III+
- 2 College Courses: ECE 101, 102, and/or 103
Compensation and Benefits:
- Salary will begin at $34,810 and is commensurate with experience.
- Benefits package including medical, dental, and vision
- Employee Assistance Program
- Participation in PERA
- Paid family or medical leave of absence
- Paid time off
- Overtime Pay
- Relocation reimbursement (when applicable)
- Wellness reimbursement
- Voluntary employee, spousal, and child life insurance
- Voluntary long term disability insurance
- Voluntary short term disability insurance
- Optional 401(k)
- Optional Basic Life and AD&D Insurance
- All staff members are issued a laptop computer and cell phone.
- Numerous professional growth and leadership opportunities within KIPP Colorado Schools.
This position will begin immediately
KIPP Colorado Schools is dedicated to equal employment opportunities and fair labor practices. KIPP Colorado Schools, KIPP Denver Collegiate High School, KIPP Northeast Denver Middle School, KIPP Northeast Elementary, KIPP Northeast Denver Leadership Academy, KIPP Sunshine Peak Academy and KIPP Sunshine Peak Elementary provide equal employment opportunities to all individuals based on job-related qualifications, and the ability to perform a job without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity, gender expression, religious creed, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, genetic information, legally protected medical condition, veteran status, sexual orientation, or on any other basis made unlawful by federal, state or local laws. It is our policy to maintain a non-discriminatory environment free from intimidation, harassment or bias based upon these grounds.
To apply for this job please visit kippcolorado.applytojob.com.