Website Hope House Colorado
Position Summary: The Early Learning Teacher (“ELT”) is responsible for maintaining a warm, welcoming, loving, educational and orderly environment while providing responsive care to infants, toddlers, preschoolers and occasional support for school-aged children implementing activities that provide children opportunities to practice developmental milestones.
Position Title: Early Learning Teacher
Exemption Status: Salaried, Non-Exempt
Reports To: Early Learning and School Age Program Manager
Salary Range: $43,000 – $46,000
Benefits Eligibility: Eligible
Work Environment: This role is full-time, 40 hours/week to be worked on the HHC campus, except when offsite for HHC work-related purposes. Shifts will be scheduled between 8 am-8 pm Monday–Friday, with two shifts per week ending at 8pm.
Mission Statement: Hope House Colorado (HHC) empowers parenting teenage moms to achieve personal and economic self-sufficiency and to understand their significance in God’s sight, resulting in a healthy future for them and for their children.
How you contribute to our mission:
- You promote teamwork, cooperation, and commitment within a team to achieve goals and deliverables
- You effectively plan, organize & coordinate ideas and resources to achieve goals
- You have compassion & genuinely care about people
- You adhere to an appropriate and effective set of core values and beliefs during both good and bad times
Key Job Duties:
- Provide individualized care for children to ensure children’s health and safety
- Provide daily activities based on children’s needs and interests that stimulate learning in all areas of child development
- Utilize the comprehensive and developmentally appropriate curriculum, Little InvestiGators, in order to help children to meet objective targets
- Implement FirstLook Orange Bible curriculum into daily activities to enhance the spiritual growth and development 0f the children in Early Learning.
- Work within the EL team to provide care for up to 10 children of various ages, ranging from 3 mos-8 years.
- Screen and track children’s development using ASQ-3; engaging teen moms in the screening process and providing a follow-up parent-teacher conference to discuss developmental growth
Note: This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, or qualifications associated with this position. We are a team and support each other in all ways necessary to continue working toward the Hope House mission.
Benefits: HHC benefits are available to employees who consistently work a minimum of 24 hours a week. Benefits offered are subject to change at HHC’s sole discretion.
- Health Benefits: Employees may elect medical, dental, vision & life insurance plans.
- Simple IRA: Employees may choose to make salary reduction contributions through HHC’s Simple IRA plan, and HHC will match the employee’s contribution up to a maximum of 3% of the employee’s annual salary.
- Vacation: Upon hire, employees earn 6 hours of vacation per paycheck up to 120 hours (3 weeks) in a year. Part-time employees are currently eligible for prorated vacation pay based on the number of hours they normally scheduled to work. Accruals are adjusted to increase vacation earned based on the length of employment with HHC.
- Holidays: HHC observes eleven (11) holidays throughout the year. Salaried employees are paid for these holidays according to the nationally recognized observation day for each holiday.
- Sick Leave: HHC provides eligible employees with Paid Sick and Safe Leave (PSSL) and Public Health Emergency Leave (PHEL) in accordance with the requirements of Colorado’s Healthy Families and Workplaces Act (HFWA).
- Must have a valid driver’s license and current automobile insurance
- Must pass a criminal background check, driving record check, and drug screen
- Committed to continue working towards the mission of Hope House Colorado
Desired Skills and Attributes:
- Experience working with children and families in at-risk populations
- Experience in early childhood education, preferably with infants and toddlers
- Knowledge of early childhood education and child development principles and practices
Education or Training:
- Child Development Associate or Associates degree in Early Childhood Education required
- Bachelor’s degree in Early Childhood Education preferred
$43,000 – $46,000 per year
To apply for this job please visit recruiting.paylocity.com.