Website Florence Crittenton Services
FLORENCE CRITTENTON SERVICES IS A DENVER NONPROFIT WITH A MISSION TO EDUCATE, PREPARE, AND EMPOWER TEEN MOTHERS AND THEIR CHILDREN TO BECOME PRODUCTIVE MEMBERS OF THE COMMUNITY.
Our mission is to educate, prepare, and empower teen mothers and their children. We break the cycle of poverty for two generations–teen mother and child–through education, health and wellness, and economic and social asset building. Our trauma-informed, two-generation service model more than doubles the national high school graduation rate of teen mothers and ensures that their children are kindergarten-ready.
The Early Childhood Education Center Teacher is responsible for
- Providing warm and responsive care to infants, toddlers and preschoolers
- Modeling and instructing teen parents in appropriate care-giving behaviors
- Implementing developmentally appropriate curriculum, activities and practices while maintaining a safe, clean, and attractive environment based on ITERS/ECERS guidelines.
The positions available are Early Childhood Education Infant Teacher and Early Childhood Education Support Teacher, both of which report to the Early Childhood Education Center Director.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Provides consistent, caring, sensitive and responsive interactions with children using positive behavior support.
• Implements and sustains developmentally appropriate curriculum, activities, and practices for infants, toddlers, or preschoolers with consistent daily routine.
• Maintains a safe, clean, and attractive environment based on ITERS/ECERS guidelines.
• Assess the developmental progress of each child utilizing the Teaching Strategies GOLD framework.
• Conducts family parent-teacher conferences two times per year, with additional conferences as needed.
• Provides for the individual and group needs of all children in your classroom.
• Implements Creative Curriculum and Teaching Strategies Gold assessment tool.
• Implements Conscious Discipline for Social/Emotional Development
• Follows established procedures for caring for sick children, suspected child abuse or neglect, accidents, illnesses, and emergencies.
• Follows Colorado Rules and regulations for licensed childcare facilities.
• Completes required paperwork in an accurate and timely manner.
• Maintains a professional relationship with all staff through respectful, open communication and active participation in program activities.
• Conducts two Parent/Teacher conferences and two home visits per school year.
• Consistently improves skills, expertise, and credential by participating in continuing education in Early Childhood Education.
• If position is Early Head Start, Collaborates with Child Family Educators to conduct additional assessments and home visits as well as completes additional paperwork as prescribed by the Early Head Start program.
• Performs other duties as required and necessary to ensure the success of Florence Crittenton Services.
Knowledge, skills and abilities:
• Consistently promote, support, work, and act in a manner in support of Florence Crittenton Services’ vision, mission, and values.
• Communicate with teen parents in a warm, approachable, and supportive manner.
• Knowledge of early childhood education and child development principles and practices.
• Strong interpersonal, collaborative and teamwork skills; ability to work collaboratively and effectively with staff as well as with teen parents.
• Effective time management skills, particularly the ability to juggle and prioritize the needs and requirements of children, parents, and staff.
• Strong organizational skills, including the ability to set up and manage a classroom, curriculum, and assessment system.
• Knowledge of Teaching Strategies Gold and Creative Curriculum.
• High School Diploma or GED equivalent is required.
• Associates or Bachelors Degree in ECE or CDA is preferred.
• Two or more years of experience in early childhood education is required and preference given to experience with infants and toddlers.
• Experience with Teaching Strategies Gold and Creative Curriculum is preferred.
• Experience working with at-risk youth is preferred.
• An equivalent combination of education and experience may be substituted on a year for year basis.
• Must be qualified as an Early Childhood Education Teacher according to Colorado State Licensing regulations.
• Must have a minimum Credential 3.0, Level II.
• Current PDIS/Colorado Shines Account is required.
• Colorado Shines Pre-service and/or Required Trainings are required.
• Current First Aid in Infant, Child and Adult CPR Certification is required.
• Passing criminal history background checks will be required prior to the start of employment. Must be able to pass Colorado Central Registry and CBI criminal record checks and must have no prior convictions for child abuse, misdemeanors or felonies.
• Must be at least 18 years old and in good physical and mental health; must pass annual medical exam per licensing requirements.
• Must have reliable transportation.
• Must have a valid driver’s license.
• Florence Crittenton Early Childhood Education Center is open from 7:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. Monday through Friday. Early Childhood Education Teachers are expected to be at school from 7:30 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. There are occasional requirements for afterhours care and will be scheduled in advance. All Early Childhood Education Teachers must attend staff development training. Staff development training will take place on days that the school is closed but will fall under regular work hours. The Early Childhood Education Center follows the Denver Public School’s (DPS) academic calendar, and observe the fall, winter, and spring breaks which are mandatory. Early Childhood Education Teachers are required to work during the DPS summer break, as structured by the department.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Work location is in person.
• Work is generally performed in an indoor environment.
• Work may involve additional hours during the evenings or on the weekends.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Prolonged periods of sitting or standing at a desk and working on a computer.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear.
• Moderate physical effort may be required by moving and positioning objects up to 50 pounds occasionally and/or 25 pounds frequently.
• Hiring Range is $20.00 – $23.00 commensurate with experience.
• A generous benefits package includes a combination of paid time off (PTO) and paid sick leave, up to 12 paid holidays, scheduled school breaks (fall, winter, and spring), health, dental, and vision insurance with up to 85% employer paid premiums, 401(k) plan with employer match available, employer paid Life, AD&D, STD, and LTD insurance, and Employee Assistance Plan (EAP).
Early Childhood Education Infant Teacher
Early Childhood Education Support Teacher
• Email cover letter and resume to Human Resources at HR@flocritco.org.
• Invitations for interviews will be extended upon review of qualified candidates until the position is filled.
Florence Crittenton Services is dedicated to the principles of equal employment opportunity. We prohibit unlawful discrimination against applicants or employees on the basis of age 40 and over, race (including traits historically associated with race, such as hair texture and length, protective hairstyles), sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, color, religion, national origin, disability, military status, genetic information, marital status, or any other status protected by applicable state or local law.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com