Early Learning Ventures, a nonprofit organization, is focused on increasing access to high quality Early Care and Education (ECE) through a unique model of shared services that streamlines business functions and make managing a financially stable, high-quality business attainable.
What you will do:
The Financial Coordinator is a member of the ELV Management Team, works under the direct supervision of the Chief Operating Officer and is responsible for the financial compliance of Early Learning Venture’s (ELV) grants, fiscal compliance, and assist with the development strategy. This is an outstanding opportunity for a hands-on person, experience with federal fiscal compliance and budget development within a mission-driven organization or business is preferred.
- Responsible for the preparation of the ELV’s annual operating budget, request budget modifications, budget continuation request and financial grant reports Assist Executive
- Director and Board of Directors in the formulation of its overall strategic direction
- Engage in ongoing cost reduction analysis in all areas of the organization
- Interpret the company’s financial results to management and recommend improvement activities
- Assist the development ELV efforts to ensure compliance with Non-federal match requirements through in-kind coordination/tracking and fundraising that could also lead to new programming opportunities
- Assist leading the planning, preparation and all other ELV activity pertaining to the annual single audit process, including auditor selection
- Responsible for the fiscal aspects of grant management processes and procedures for ELV, including budget development for grant applications, budget tracking, budget expenditure approval, and proper document retention.
What Does Early Learning Ventures Have to Offer You?
- Excellent benefits (medical, dental, & vision)
- Company-paid life insurance
- 401(k) with company match
- Employee assistance programs
- Paid vacation days
- Paid personal days
- Paid holidays
- Come work for one of the best non-profit programs! We’ve even been recently featured in the Washington Post. Go check out the article on Early Head Start and how Early Learning Ventures is supporting it. The full article is available here.
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or Business Management, or a related field, Masters Preferred
- Knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles
- 2 years of experience with fiscal compliance of federal funds and federal regulations, including knowledge of 45 CFR Part 75 Uniform Administrative Requirements, Cost Principles, and Audit Requirements for HHS Awards
- Minimum 5 years of experience in accounting/non-profit accounting
- Local Travel in Colorado up to 10%
- Valid Driver’s License Required
- Salary between $50,000 and $60,000 annually
Early Learning Ventures is an equal opportunity employer.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com