General Position Description: This position is responsible for the leadership of ELV Early Intervention program services delivered through the ELV Child Care Partnership Model in Adams, Arapahoe, Garfield, Mesa, Morgan and Pueblo Counties. In collaboration with the ELV Staff, Child Care Partners, community partners, and other stakeholders, this position will lead the development, planning and implementation of ELV programming in alignment with Head Start Program Performance Standards directly related to Services for Children with disabilities.
- Maintain working knowledge of the Head Start Program Performance Standards and other federal, state, and local requirements regarding Early Intervention and services for children with disabilities.
- Lead a coordinated approach to Early Intervention Services and Services for Children with Disabilities in collaboration with the ELV Child Care Partnership Team.
- Lead the refinement and implementation of program service plans related to Early Intervention and Program Services for children with disabilities.
- Provide training and technical assistance for local ELV Child Care Partnership staff and education for enrolled families across the six county service delivery area, ensuring that children’s individualized service needs are met.
- Establish and maintain collaborative relationships and community partnerships with Early Intervention Colorado, local Community Center Boards, local district Child Find’s, and other pertinent community agencies, formalized through MOU’s and/or contracts, to support comprehensive service delivery for children and families.
- Utilize ELV’s Alliance CORE data management system to track, monitor, and analyze program data and prepare regular reports on status that will guide implementation and modification of program approach.
- Lead the program effort to support early identification and intervention through the implementation of a developmental screening process that includes tracking and follow up for referrals, formal evaluation, Individualized Family Service Plans, and other individualized services as needed.
- As needed, and with parental permission, provide consultation with parents regarding developmental and behavioral concerns pertaining to their children.
- Coordinate collaborative services for identified children needing services around: Mental Health and or Disability Services.
- Coordinate supplemental services, identified on a child’s Individualized Family Service Plan (IFSP). This may include speech therapy, occupational therapy, physical therapy, and educational intervention in the areas of cognition and social development.
- As needed, ensure that behavior plans are developed for individual children.
- Support the ELV Health and Safety Manager as Co-Chair of the ELV Health Services Advisory Committee (HSAC) covering the six county service delivery area.
- Collaborate with the ELV Family Engagement Manager to support program recruitment and enrollment of children with identified disabilities.
- Assume an active role in annual activities supporting program self-assessment, preparation of EHS Grant Applications, and preparation of Program Information Reports as they relate to EHS.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Psychology, Special Education, Early Childhood Education, Social Services or a related field
- College coursework completion with a focus on infant and toddler development and/or Early Intervention preferred
- Minimum 3 years of experience in Special Education, Head Start/Early Head Start, Early Care and Education, or related.
- Thorough knowledge of Individualized Family Service Plans (IFSP)
- Experience working with people from diverse backgrounds
- Demonstrated knowledge of theories and practices of Early Childhood Development
- Demonstrated knowledge of maternal/child health, nutrition, mental health, and disabilities with children and families from diverse backgrounds.
- Excellent oral and written communication and interpersonal skills
- The ability to effectively influence and communicate cross-functionally
- Experience using data to drive planning and program improvements
- Proven leadership ability, including facilitating relationships with ECE programs and community partnerships and family engagement
- Bilingual English/Spanish or English/Arabic preferred
- Local Travel in Colorado up to 25%
- Valid Driver’s License Required
- Reliable Transportation Required
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com