Early Learning Ventures (ELV) is a Colorado-based not-for-profit organization dedicated to expanding access to quality early child care.
The Grant Specialist communicates with various stakeholders to implement programs and deliver services effectively. They coordinate events and projects related to grants and contracts. They provide technical assistance to child care programs on ELV’s web-based management system and online resources. They schedule and conduct training sessions, respond to customer inquiries, collaborate with team members to improve processes and policies, and ensure internal procedures are followed.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Establish and maintain effective relationships with internal and external stakeholders, providing feedback and reinforcement on a regular basis
- Manage in-bound correspondence from Child Care Partners and internal team members to assess and respond to their needs pertaining to grant participation and implementation.
- Coordinate, schedule, and provide oversight of ELV events, meetings, and projects, including Early Head Start Governing Board and Policy Council meetings.
- Support the Accounts Payable Process through review and verification of supporting documentation for requests for reimbursement; track budgets, expenses, payments, and management costs across programs.
- Support the program wide grant and contract application/proposal process by conducting grant research, tracking funding cycles, submitting reports to funders, and collecting documentation from ELV team members and relevant ELV partners/contractors.
- Deliver training on product and services to Child Care program directors and staff in a variety of formats, helping them to troubleshoot and resolve product and service needs
- Assist with onboarding and implementation support for new and existing child care clients
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Excellent oral and written communication and interpersonal skills
- Detail oriented
- Excellent time-management and prioritization skills
- Presence of mind, analytical thinking, and logical thinking
- The ability to accept change within the work environment
Education & Training:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration or Communications is preferred
- Formal training related to grant writing and development strategies is preferred
- 1-3 years of experience in customer service, data entry, product training, and/or child care
- Tech savvy, Proficient with Microsoft Office Products and web-based data systems
Physical Requirements: Sits for long periods of time; seeing; must be able to read reports and use computer keyboard and monitor; must be able to write, type and use telephone; repetitive keyboard motion; hearing; must be able to hear sufficiently to converse with all internal and external contacts; Standing/Walking/Mobility; must be able to open files and operate office machines.
Up to 20% (in-state).
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com