Website CPCD Community Partnership for Child Development
We prepare children for success in school and in life!
Teacher Assistant – Preschool
Give children a head start!
This is a Full Time Full Year Position (40 hours a week)
CPCD provides more than 1,800 children living in poverty, or who are challenged by special circumstances, with an early childhood education through Head Start, Early Head Start, and the Colorado Preschool Program. But we aren’t just a free preschool. Our additional health, dental and family support services ensure that children enrolled in our programs are ready to succeed in school and life!
The Teacher Assistant plays a vital role in the success of the classroom! This position is responsible for assisting teachers in planning and implementing safe, healthy, high quality learning experiences that advance the development of the whole child, ages 3 to 5 years old, in partnership with families.
We have over 65 classrooms throughout El Paso County, and staff assignments are based on the needs of the classroom and the qualifications of the staff member. Our pay increases with your level of education, and we offer tuition assistance to help you reach your goals!
Our Teacher Assistant Pay Scale is as Follows:
- A High School Diploma/Equivalent and relative experience – $16.16/hour
- Preschool CDA or Level II Credential – $17.74/hour
- Colorado Director Qualification/ PDIS Level 3 Credential – $18.63/hour
- Colorado Director Qualification/ PDIS Level 3 and 12 ECE credit hours – $19.56/hour
- Associate Degree in ECE or Related Field – $20.54/hour (AA + 24 credit hours in ECE)
Full-time employees receive a competitive benefits package including access to medical, dental and vision insurance, flexible spending accounts and a 401(k) program. CPCD also offers a paid time off program with personal/annual paid time off (similar to paid vacation time), paid sick time, and paid holidays (including some school breaks like Spring Break, Thanksgiving Break and Winter Break).
Additional Benefits for Eligible Employees (25+ hours per week):
- CPCD offers paid vacation time, paid sick time, and paid holidays/Breaks.
- Paid Holidays include Memorial Day, Independence Day, Juneteenth, Presidents Day, Martin Luther King Jr. Day
- Paid Breaks include 1-week for Spring Break (March), 1-week for Thanksgiving Break (November), and 2- weeks for Winter Break (end of December/beginning of January).
Eligible employees receive a competitive benefits package including
- Access to medical, dental, and vision insurance, flexible spending accounts, Aflac supplemental insurance, and voluntary life insurance. CPCD also pays for Basic Life, Long Term Disability, and AD&D insurance at no cost to you.
- Our 401(k) program offers traditional and Roth enrollment options with automatic enrollment in our profit-sharing after 1-year of employment.
- Tuition Assistance is available after 90 days of employment
- $4000 per year for Early Childhood Education Degrees
- $2,500 per year for other degrees related to employment at CPCD.
Employee Assistance Program that provides 6 FREE sessions with a counselor or therapist per year
- Full well-being program to encourage and promote your wellbeing in the workplace, including 2 hours of paid time per month for wellness activities.
How To Apply:
To apply and learn more about CPCD please visit our website at www.cpcdheadstart.org and click on the “Let’s work together” link.
Please Note: The successful completion of a post-offer, pre-employment physical examination, TB screen, back-ground screen and drug test (including marijuana) is required.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com