Website City of Grand Junction
City of Grand Junction - Daycare Director (ECE Director)
HIRING RANGE: $4,458 – $5,018 Monthly
New to the City of Grand Junction Team? Receive 40 hours Paid Time Off upon hire!
To view the full job description, click here.
About the Position:
The City of Grand Junction is accepting applications for a Daycare Director for the City of Grand Junction Child Care Facility. The City of Grand Junction’s Child Care Facility opened in 2022 to serve as an employer based child care facility. We are looking for a dedicated, creative, hard-working person to join our team members that share the passion a educating our young children. As the Daycare Director, you will be responsible for oversight of a childcare facility including adhering to childcare standards and regulations, overseeing daily operations of the child care facility, managing staff, fostering an educational and nurturing childcare setting, and maintaining the highest of childcare standards. Our facility is part of the Colorado Shines program.
About the Facility:
The City of Grand Junction is excited to have our new Child Care Facility open and meeting the needs of our City’s employees and families. Due to the variety of schedules our employees work, the operational hours will be Monday – Friday from 6:30 am to 6:30 pm. Members of the Child Care Facility faculty and staff will be united by a passion to ensure a safe, happy, and stimulating environment. This innovative facility will focus on creating a world of learning, joy, and adventure for the children and employees of the City of Grand Junction.
What We Offer:
We know that a healthy and happy workforce is a thriving workforce, which is why we offer a comprehensive benefits package that supports quality work-life balance including 32 days of paid annual leave to be used for holiday, personal, and/or sick days, health insurance options, employer-matched retirement, a City employee health clinic, wellness program, and an Employee Assistance Program. Of equal importance, we offer an opportunity to serve the community you love and live in. Our employees find their work rewarding and fulfilling, knowing that their day job makes a positive impact.
About Our Culture:
At the City of Grand Junction, we lead the way with continuous improvement, collaborative partnerships, and exemplary service. Our core values are demonstrated by our willingness to challenge the status quo, ability to work together using all areas of expertise to achieve a common goal, and commitment to fulfilling the needs of our community through thoughtful interactions.
What You’ll Do:
- Responsible for oversight of the childcare facility including hiring of teachers and aides, adhering to childcare standards and regulations, ensuring proper safety standards, fostering an educational and nurturing childcare setting, maintaining the highest of childcare standards.
- Plan, prioritize, assign, supervise, and review the work of assigned staff.
- Organize, coordinate, implement and supervise the day-to-day operations of the child care facility; establish schedules and methods for providing quality child care.
- Maintain records and develop reports concerning the child care facility and program effectiveness.
- Serve as a liaison to supervisory staff, employees, the general public, child care families, advisory groups, and other group.
- Perform other duties of a similar nature or level.
- Two (2) years of experience in the coordination or implementation of recreational or childcare programs
- Must meet appropriate Director requirements/qualifications for a Large Childcare Center and provide all documentation as required by the State of Colorado’s Department of Human Services (7.702.43) upon hire.
- Possession of, or ability to obtain, a Director qualification letter or certificate issued by the State of Colorado’s Department of Human Services, or a Current Early Childhood
- Professional Credential Level 3 or High Version 3.0 (Upon hire).
- Possession of, or ability to obtain, a valid Colorado driver’s license.
- Possession of, or ability to obtain, a valid CPR/First Aid certificate.
- Other combinations of experience and education that meet the minimum requirements may be substituted.
Explore the Area:
Grand Junction, Colorado is the gateway to the mountains and canyonlands of western Colorado and eastern Utah. Centrally located between Denver, CO (250 miles east) and Salt Lake City, UT (270 miles west), Grand Junction is surrounded by 1.2 million acres of public land. Residents enjoy world-class whitewater rafting on the Colorado and Green Rivers, golfing, fishing, skiing and snowboarding, and exploring mountain bike and hiking trails through the Colorado National Monument and the Grand Mesa National Forest. Grand Junction has a robust downtown and hosts multiple art, music, food, and market events annually. With a population of over 150,000 in Mesa County (65,000 within the City limits) we have many of the big town amenities without the big town stresses such as traffic and trail congestion. With an average of 245 days of sunshine, Grand Junction is the perfect place to work and play.
Learn more about our area on Visit Grand Junction’s website and Instagram!
At the City of Grand Junction, we proudly operate as an Equal Opportunity Employer, purposely building an inclusive workforce representative of various cultures, perspectives, and experiences. We believe in respect for all and do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex, gender identification, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, and/or genetic information.
If you have any questions or need assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please contact our Human Resources office at 970.244.1512.
To apply for this job please visit www.governmentjobs.com.