Website City of Aurora Preschools
The city of Aurora Preschools are currently accepting applications for Early Childhood Teachers and Substitutes for our continuous preschool program (August-May) and our upcoming summer programs (June-July).
Hourly Pay: $20.00/hour (ECT qualified) to $23.85/hour (Level 3 credential + director certificate)
Estimated average hours per week: 10-30
Hours between 8:00-3:30
This is classified as VHNE (Variable Hour Non-Benefit Employee). This position does not provide medical benefits. This position earns sick leave in accordance with the Healthy Families and Workplace Act.
Teachers with age-appropriate children may enroll their children for free if space is available.
OVERVIEW OF POSITION / DEPARTMENT
Preschool is the start of a child’s educational journey. Our goal is to provide a positive and engaging learning environment that allows children to gain an appreciation of learning.
The Early Childhood Teacher plans and implements developmentally appropriate preschool programs for licensed year-round programming that ensures quality programming and customer service.
Responsible for facilitating learning and teaching in integrated, inclusive preschool classroom (ages 2½ to 6). (The substitute teacher will perform the duties of an Early Childhood Teacher/Assistant Early Childhood Teacher in the absence of the regular classroom teacher.)
Demonstrate our work by modeling the Core 4 Values of: Customer Service, Professionalism, Integrity and Respect.
This is a continuous position and will be closed when all positions are filled. Applications will be sent to the hiring supervisor once a week for review.
PRIMARY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Plan, prepare, and implement lesson plans (with supply lists) utilizing all assigned curriculum standards
- Lead class activities Maintain confidential records of children’s personal information and progress reports
- Record and monitor daily attendance
- Provide a safe classroom environment, including inspecting all equipment/materials for safety
- Maintain classroom management/discipline according to policies and safety codes
- Provide regular communication with parents, utilizing all approved communication tools as assigned by the Preschool Supervisor
- Recruit parent helpers and guest speakers
- Complete assignments/assessments as required for Colorado Preschool Program classrooms.
- Create Individual Learning Plans, twice a year, for all children, including all assessments assigned.
- Conduct 2 annual parent/teacher conferences, as well as any other conferences as needed
- Set up/clean up classroom as designated by Preschool Supervisor
- Routine cleaning/sanitizing/disinfecting of classroom and materials
- Attend meetings and workshops
- Fulfill all assigned training hours/ 15 required by the Colorado Department of Early Childhood, city of
- Aurora and any trainings assigned
- Occasional virtual teaching
- Maintain Colorado Shines rating standards
- Maintain PDIS credential
- Market and recruit new students
- Follow all rules, regulations, policies, procedures, and best practices developed by governing bodies. IE
- Colorado Department of Early Childhood, Colorado Department of Public Health & Environment (CDPHE), Aurora Fire Department, Nurse, city of Aurora, Colorado Shines (QRIS), etc.
- Performs other related duties as assigned
To apply for this job please visit auroragov.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com.