Website Cherry Hills Christian School
Raising up lifelong learners, leaders and lovers of Christ.
Cherry Hills Christian School awakens the educational experience by preparing students to live fully for God in a rapidly changing world knowing they are His masterpieces, uniquely designed for His purpose. Fully Known, Fully Loved, Fully His…Heart, Soul, Mind, Strength.
The After School Teaching Assistant/Aide (TA) is committed to honoring Christ by preparing students to live fully for God in a rapidly changing world, knowing they are His masterpieces, uniquely designed for His purpose. The After School TA ensures that the classroom work environment is Christian-based, nurturing, wholesome and loving while assisting the teacher.
Position Type: Part-time, August through May, working afternoons, 12 noon to 6 pm daily with a lunch break. Summer hours may be available and determined by program needs.
Hours Per Week: 27.5
Supervisor: Director of Preschool
Pay Range: $14.00 – $18.70/hour based on education and experience
Model a growing and vibrant relationship with Christ
Pursue full devotion to Christ and live the life we are inviting others to live.
Manifest the fruit of the Spirit in work habits and relationships.
Pursue spiritual growth through community and daily devotions.
Embody other-centered, servant-leadership in all interactions.
Demonstrate commitment to Cherry Hills Christian School
Accept and uphold CHC’s Preschool Teacher Essentials and Essentials of Faith.
Demonstrate commitment to Cherry Hills Christian School
Be an active, engaged member of the CHC school community.
Efficiently Work With and Lead Alongside Age Level Teachers
- Assist the teacher in preparing the learning environment and implementing daily schedule and program elements.
- Assist the teacher in implementing positive, age-appropriate classroom management and discipline procedures.
- Along with the teacher, facilitate small group learning experiences for the students.
- Attend all staff meetings, staff in-services and special events as required by the Director.
- Understand and implement all building emergency procedures and state regulations regarding the care and education of children 3 to 13 years of age.
Cultivate positive relationships with children and families
- Connect relationally with children and parents, establishing and nurturing positive relationships.
- Assist in caring for a student’s special needs, such as tying shoes, consoling, encouraging and administering minor first aid.
- Represent Cherry Hills Christian in a favorable and professional manner.
- Pray for the children and families you serve.
Other Administrative Leadership Responsibilities
- Is knowledgeable about Cherry Hills Christian policies and procedures and assists with day-to-day operations.
- Assists in overseeing the maintenance of a clean, safe environment for school operations.
- Help maintain preschool/school-age care rooms and spaces and work with Cherry Hills Community Church ministries as it relates to shared spaces.
- Helps staff and students function efficiently and effectively.
- Understands supervision and how to lead in a positive manner.
- Assists in keeping proper discipline in the classroom and on the school premises to cultivate a positive academic environment.
- Respects professional ethics that require confidentiality concerning the sharing of information about children, parents or staff.
- Perform other related, similar or logical duties as required or assigned.
- Model servant leadership and exhibit a helpful, joyful attitude
- Administrative and care responsibilities completed in a timely, accurate manner.
- Well-executed logistics resulting in great experiences for teachers, students and parents.
- Effective child safety and security: 100% faculty and staff trained and 100% adherence to safety policies.
Director of Preschool: The After School TA reports directly to the Director of Preschool. During After Care hours, the After Care Program Lead serves as the direct supervisor. He/she will be expected to be coachable, available, and responsive while striving for a healthy Christ-like relationship characterized by love, truth, and unity. He/she learns from and is responsive to the Director of Preschool. The Preschool Teaching Assistant should comply in a godly and humble manner with all efforts from the Director of Preschool to evaluate, train, equip and develop him/her as a staff member.
Administrative Staff: The After School TA should collaborate with all other CHC Administrative Staff, serving as a resource and encouragement to them and partnering with them effectively to achieve maximum impact.
Teachers and other TA’s: The After School TA should embody and exhibit servant leadership in all interactions with team members, envisioning, equipping, and empowering them to make the greatest impact possible for students and families.
Children and Parents: The After School TA should embody and exhibit servant leadership in all interactions with children and parents, seeking to serve, support, and reflect the love of Christ to and for them.
God equips every Christ-follower with spiritual gifts to serve and strengthen the body of Christ and to partner with Him in the advancement of His kingdom.
The following spiritual gifts are recommended for this role: Service, Administration and Mercy.
Organizing: An individual who is skilled at organizing can marshal resources (people, funding, material or support) effectively and efficiently, orchestrate multiple activities at once to accomplish a goal, and arrange information and resources in a useful manner.
Stakeholder Focus: Someone who is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external stakeholders; gets first-hand information and uses it for improvements in products and services; acts with stakeholders in mind; establishes and maintains effective relationships with stakeholders and gains their trust and respect.
- As a community with a shared statement of faith, an active, intentional and embodied Christian faith is essential.
- Experience working with children.
- Professional attitude and appearance.
- Must have a flexible attitude with a servant’s heart.
- For those 18 years of age and above, the ability to meet state requirements including: fingerprinting, background checks, pre-service trainings, immunization and health requirements as well as fulfilling the requirements outlined on the State of Colorado Professional Development Information System.
To apply for this job please visit cherryhillschristian.org.