Website Catholic Charities
Catholic Charities of the Archdiocese of Denver has been serving northern Colorado since 1927. We serve tens of thousands of people each year in seven ministries: Marisol Services (for women), Early Childhood Education, Shelter Services, Catholic Charities Housing, St. Raphael Counseling, Family, Kinship, and Senior Services; and Parish & Community Services.
Our employees are crucial to our success in achieving our Mission of extending the healing ministry of Jesus Christ to the poor and those in need. Catholic Charities provides a work environment where self-motivated and mission driven individuals are recognized and rewarded. We accomplish this through employer sponsored training, culture of trauma-informed care, and a generous compensation and benefits package.
Catholic Charities is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to welcoming applicants and program participants of all faiths; as well as an inclusive and welcoming environment for staff, volunteers, and program participants. Candidates who bring diversity to our team are encouraged to apply.
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
A Classroom Assistant at Catholic Charities:
- Ensures the safety and security of children in classroom.
- Develops positive relationships with parents and families of each child.
- Assists other staff in planning, coordinating and completing student activities
- Provides crisis intervention including, but not limited to, child abuse reporting.
- Complies with all child care licensing regulations and Head Start Performance Standards.
- Participates in required training, programs, workshops, and meetings concerning teaching methods, first aid/CPR, universal precautions, food safety, and other topics relating to the classroom, early childhood development and environments.
- Experience effectively interacting with children ages 6 weeks to 5 years of age in a group setting. Prefer Early Childhood Teacher (formerly known as Group Leader) qualified.
- Ability to interact well with children 6 weeks-5 years of age.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS:
Salary: Starting at $17.29/hour with increases commensurate with experience & education.
Schedule: Dependent on location, Center is open 7:30am-5:30pm, Monday through Friday.
Training: We provide a robust training curriculum that will support our employees throughout their career. Training provided within the first year of employment includes:
- De-escalation & Safety
- Public Speaking
- Mental Health First Aid
- Substance Abuse & Mental Health
- Human Trafficking
- Trauma Informed Care and many more.
Benefits: In addition to being part of a higher purpose while working in a challenging yet rewarding environment, eligible Catholic Charities employees receive a generous benefits package, including:
- Extensive Paid Time Off including 9 Paid Holidays annually (4 weeks accrual for new employees – increasing yearly) promoting work life balance.
- 403b Retirement Plan with Agency contribution of 4% & match up to 2% of annual compensation.
- Choice of 3 PPO Medical Plans (90% of employee’s and 75% of dependent’s premiums is paid by Agency), Dental, & Vision starting the 1st day of the month following start date for full time employees.
- May be eligible for Public Service Loan Forgiveness through Federal Student Loans and many more benefits.
**Part-time employees (20-29 hours per week) also receive paid annual leave, company paid holidays, and 403b retirement plan with agency contribution and match.
ARE YOU READY TO JOIN OUR TEAM? If you are ready to make answer the call and make a difference, please submit your application here. We look forward to meeting you!
We conduct background checks as part of our hiring process.
Catholic Charities is a Drug-Free Workplace.
We believe every employee has the right to work in an environment that is free from all forms of unlawful discrimination. Consistent with applicable laws, Catholic Charities makes all decisions involving any aspect of the employment relationship without regard to race, color, religion, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, citizenship, the presence of any physical or mental disability of someone otherwise qualified, veteran status, genetic information, or any other status or characteristic protected by local, state, or federal law, other than those positions which are deemed ministerial in nature. Discrimination and/or harassment based on any of those factors are inconsistent with our philosophy of doing business and will not be tolerated. This policy of non-discrimination applies to all aspects application procedures, hiring, advancement, transfers, reductions in force, discharge, compensation, training, or other terms, conditions and privileges of employment.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org