Website Catholic Charities
Teacher, Head Start
Job LocationCC – Mariposa – Denver, CO
Position TypeFull Time
Education Level2 Year Degree
Salary Range$19.90 – $23.19 Hourly
Teacher, Head Start
This position is eligible for a $500.00 sign-on bonus after 90 days of employment.
Catholic Charities of the Archdiocese of Denver has been serving northern Colorado since 1927. We serve tens of thousands of people each year in seven ministries: Marisol Services (for women), Early Childhood Education, Shelter Services, Catholic Charities Housing, St. Raphael Counseling, Family, Kinship, and Senior Services, and Parish & Community Services.
Our employees are crucial to our success in achieving our Mission of extending the healing ministry of Jesus Christ to the poor and those in need. Catholic Charities provides a work environment where self-motivated and mission-driven individuals are recognized and rewarded. We accomplish this through:
- Employer-sponsored training
- Culture of Trauma-Informed Care
- Generous compensation and benefits package.
- Catholic Charities is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to welcoming applicants and program participants of all faiths; as well as an inclusive and welcoming environment for staff, volunteers, and program participants. Candidates who bring diversity to our team are encouraged to apply.
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
A Head Start Teacher at Catholic Charities:
- Designs and maintains a physical and programmatic environment that appropriately supports and nurtures the physical, social, emotional, and cognitive development of all children in an inclusive classroom.
- Establishes educational and social goals based on the composition of the children enrolled and the community setting in accordance with Head Start Performance Standards, Colorado State Licensing and Developmentally Appropriate Practice (DAP), as appropriate
- Develops and implements written plans for the daily activities that stimulate learning in all developmental areas (physical, social, emotional, and cognitive) for a group of children which may involve some children identified with disabilities.
- Complies with Colorado State Licensing requirements.
- Assists Site Supervisor in day-to-day supervision of staff in own classroom through delegating, training and providing insight and guidance.
Associate’s degree (AA) or equivalent from accredited two-year college or technical school; and six months to one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Education and experience must reflect the specific age group with which the employee will be working.
Must comply with all Colorado State Licensing requirements
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS:
Salary: Starting at $19.90/hour with increases commensurate with experience & education.
Training: We provide a robust training curriculum that will support our employees throughout their career. Training provided within the first year of employment includes: De-escalation & Safety; Public Speaking; Mental Health First Aid; Substance Abuse & Mental Health; Human Trafficking; Trauma Informed Care; and many more.
Benefits: In addition to being part of a higher purpose while working in a challenging yet rewarding environment, eligible Catholic Charities employees receive a generous benefits package, including:
Extensive Paid Time Off (4 weeks accrual for new employees – increasing based on tenure) promoting work life balance.
15 Paid Holidays annually (shelters are 24/7, so there may be a need to work some holidays, which would include holiday pay).
403b Retirement Plan with Agency contribution of 4% & match up to 2% of annual compensation.
Choice of 3 PPO Medical Plans (90% of employee’s and 75% of dependent’s premiums is paid by Agency), Dental, & Vision starting the 1st day of the month following start date.
May be eligible for Public Service Loan Forgiveness through Federal Student Loans and many more benefits.
ARE YOU READY TO JOIN OUR TEAM? If you are ready to make answer the call and make a difference, please submit your application online at ccdenver.org/careers. We look forward to meeting you!
We conduct background checks as part of our hiring process.
We believe every employee has the right to work in an environment that is free from all forms of unlawful discrimination. Consistent with applicable laws, Catholic Charities makes all decisions involving any aspect of the employment relationship without regard to race, color, religion, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, citizenship, the presence of any physical or mental disability of someone otherwise qualified, veteran status, genetic information, or any other status or characteristic protected by local, state, or federal law, other than those positions which are deemed ministerial in nature. Discrimination and/or harassment based on any of those factors are inconsistent with our philosophy of doing business and will not be tolerated. This policy of non-discrimination applies to all aspects application procedures, hiring, advancement, transfers, reductions in force, discharge, compensation, training, or other terms, conditions and privileges of employment.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org