Auraria Early Learning Center
Welcome to the Auraria Higher Education Center (AHEC) located in the Platte River Valley in downtown Denver. AHEC is the service provider for 38,000 students and approximately 5000 faculty and staff working at and attending the Community College of Denver, Metropolitan State University of Denver and the University of Colorado Denver. Learn more about us through this link: Auraria Higher Education Center
Auraria employees enjoy an excellent benefits package which includes paid vacation, holidays and sick leave, discounted RTD Eco-Pass, BenefitHub (medical, dental, disability, life), and outstanding retirement plan. Learn more through this link: Benefits Package.
So, if you’re interested in a great job working alongside great people, this may be the opportunity for which you’ve been waiting.
Description of Job
**THIS POSITION IS NON-CLASSIFIED**
Work Hours are 9:15 am – 6:15 pm Monday – Friday
This position is located at the Auraria Early Learning Center and provides year-round, high quality child care for the Auraria Campus. As the Early Learning Center’s Operations Coordinator, this position is tasked with primarily performing in an Administrative capacity in addition to the following:
- Works with Director, Assistant Director and Program Coordinator in a team approach to develop a high quality exemplary educational/child care program that is responsible to child, parent, staff and campus needs.
- Assists the Director in administering the Early Learning Center in accordance with Colorado Department of Human Services, Accreditation criteria and other state and federal guidelines.
- Assist new staff with training program, including signing them up for PDIS, helping navigate onboarding.
- The Operations Coordinator’s primary hours are 9:15 a.m. to 6:15 p.m. Monday-Friday. Position requires staff to fill in for an administrator and open if needed.
- The Operations Coordinator will be responsible for substituting in all classrooms when Supervising Teacher is out of the building for planned or unplanned time off. Operations Coordinator will manage classroom program with developmentally appropriate activities in the absence of a supervising or assistant teacher.
- Maintains and orders office supplies, sanitation supplies, and semester curriculum supplies.
- Participates in Auraria Early Learning Center activities: supports and evaluates Center policies, participates in staff meetings and staff activities.
- Responsible for knowing and maintaining all Child care licensing regulations and Accreditation Standards.
- Monitor and track monthly illness logs and monthly emergency drills.
- Works with parents: Maintains open communication and positive relations, keeps parents informed about important activities in the classroom and at the Center.
- Completes monthly parent and staff newsletters.
- Assist Program Coordinator with center fundraising and center events.
- Set up in center screening for eye sight, hearing and dental.
Minimum Qualifications, Substitutions, Conditions of Employment & Appeal RightsMINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
Applicants must possess a Bachelor’s Degree in Early Childhood Education, Elementary Education, Special Education, Family and Child Development or Child Psychology or related field
Two years of experience working with children in a licensed child care center
ADDITIONAL SPECIAL QUALIFICATION:
Applicants MUST be Director Qualified by the Office of Early Childhood, Colorado Department of Human Services.
- Those candidates with a proven ability to manage priorities and activities are strongly encouraged to apply
- The successful candidate will demonstrate excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to analyze, organize, supervise, and plan.
- Those candidates that are currently Director Qualified are strongly encouraged to apply.
CONDITIONS of EMPLOYMENT: Effective September 20, 2021, employees may be required to attest to and verify whether or not they are fully vaccinated for COVID-19. Employees who have not been fully vaccinated may be required to submit to serial testing in the future. Upon hire, new employees will have three (3) business days to provide attestation to their status with proof of vaccination. Vaccinated employees must provide proof of vaccination.
Note: Fully Vaccinated means two (2) weeks after a second dose in a two-dose series of the COVID-19 vaccine, such as the Pfizer or Moderna vaccine, or two (2) weeks after the single-dose vaccine, such as Johnson & Johnson’s Janssen vaccine, as defined by the most recent State of Colorado’s Public Health Order and current guidance issued by the Colorado Department of Public Health & Environment.
APPEAL RIGHTS NOTICE:
This position is non-classified. Non-classified employees are those employees not within the state personnel system and are overseen by their respective state agencies or institutions of higher education. These employees are not subject to the rules established by the State Personnel Director or State Personnel Board; instead, each agency or institution is responsible for establishing policies related to the terms and conditions of non classified employment.
Salary & Benefits: Salary is $3,882.00 per month (46,584.00 annually) with a comprehensive benefit package that includes 21 vacation and 15 sick days per year; medical and dental plans; life, disability and PERA retirement benefits.
Colorado Partnership for Quality Jobs and Services Act information:
After careful review of this position and the duties that it performs, it has been designated in accordance with the Colorado Partnership for Quality Jobs and Services Act as a “Not Covered” position, it does not fall in the category of employees that are eligible for representation by COWINS, also known as the union. To learn more about this designation please visit this link: http://coloradowins.org/
Applicant Checklist & Minimum Qualifications:
All correspondence regarding your status in the selection/examination process will be conducted by email.
We request that you include the following in your application:
Cover Letter detailing how your experience & education meet minimum and preferred qualifications
Resume detailing a summary of work history
College Transcripts when requested, or when using education to meet minimum qualifications
Only applications submitted by the closing date for this announcement will be given consideration.
Your application as submitted is used to determine if you meet Minimum Qualifications. Please read the Minimum Qualifications and ensure that information in your application “draw correlations” to the Minimum Qualifications. Human Resources Analysts will not infer that you meet the Minimum Qualifications if information isn’t detailed in your application.
*Years of experience will be expressed in terms of full-time equivalent service with full-time workload equal to one (1) Full-Time Equivalent (FTE) year. No more than 1.00 FTE year may be credited in any twelve (12) month period. Positions working 40 hours or less per week will be pro-rated (30 hrs/wk=0.75 FTE=9 mos credit; 20 hrs/wk=0.5 FTE=6 mos credit; 10 hrs/wk=0.25 FTE=3 mos credit.) *
Commitment to Equity, Diversity and Inclusion:
The State of Colorado believes that equity, diversity, and inclusion drive our success, and we encourage candidates from all identities, backgrounds, and abilities to apply. The State of Colorado is an equal opportunity employer committed to building inclusive, innovative work environments with employees who reflect our communities and enthusiastically serve them. Therefore, in all aspects of the employment process, we provide employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, medical condition related to pregnancy, creed, ancestry, national origin, marital status, genetic information, or military status (with preference given to military veterans), or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law.
Auraria Higher Education Center (AHEC) is committed to the full inclusion of all qualified individuals. As part of this commitment, our agency will assist individuals who have a disability with any reasonable accommodation requests related to employment, including completing the application process, interviewing, completing any pre-employment testing, participating in the employee selection process, and/or to perform essential job functions where the requested accommodation does not impose an undue hardship. If you have a disability and require reasonable accommodation to ensure you have a positive experience applying or interviewing for this position, please direct your inquiries to 303-556-3384.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com