A Plus Learning Center
General Position Description
The Center Director is responsible for ensuring the health, safety, and quality of education, for all children within the center’s care. The Center Director is directly accountable for overall operational management in accordance with well-established guidelines, including curriculum development, staff and facilities management, legal and budgetary considerations, and long-range planning. The Center Director ensures that the needs of the students and the center’s goals are met appropriately.
This position reports to the Supervisor of A Plus Learning Learning Center.
- Establish a quality vision for the center. Manage adherence to quality standards per the vision and state and local requirements. Maintain quality effectiveness measurements.
- Develop general educational curriculum; collaborate with staff to develop positive learning activities; manage adherence to state and local regulations.
- Maintain student records in accordance with established enrollment procedures and guidelines.
- Maintain communications with parents of current and prospective students through direct conversation, newsletters, and parent handbook; implement community outreach activities to maintain and promote positive community relationships.
- Approve menus and food purchases.
- Maintain positive relationships with regulatory agencies; ensure legal and financial compliance.
- Oversee all office functions, including payroll, accounts payable and receivable, tuition billing and payment, human resources and personnel management (staff supervision), and purchasing.
- Resolve conflicts (including corrective action when necessary) to ensure a positive experience for everyone.
- Establish illness and emergency procedures; ensure staff is trained appropriately.
- Implement a strategic plan and goals in keeping with the program’s mission.
- Maintain a personal and professional development plan to ensure continuous quality improvement.
Additional Knowledge, Skills, and Experience Required
- Minimum of 3 years of supervisory experience preferred.
- 5 years of direct professional experience in an early childhood setting.
- High energy.
- Strong oral and written communications skills; technology skills.
- Ability to work well with others (staff, children, and parents) and to foster a team environment.
- A strong understanding of child development.
- Strong finance and budgeting skills.
- Excellent leadership, organizational, and interpersonal skills.
- Infant/child CPR and First Aid certification.
- Current Colorado Directors Certificate Required. or (if taking classes and need experience).
- Must clear full background check.
- Must pass a health screening.
- Bachelor’s Degree or Master’s Degree in early childhood education or related field of study with a minimum of 30 credits in ECE or related field.
- Completing all 30 credits that the state department requires for Directors Certification, along with required experience hours.
- Qualification through the state-approved PDIS Credential system
Employment Type: Full-Time.
Wage Range: 18– 24 per hour
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com