- This training has passed.
Supporting Breastfeeding Families: Child Care Provider Training
March 25 @ 6:00 pm - 8:00 pm
Come learn about infant feeding practices and how to support breastfeeding families in your care!
Child care professionals can make a big difference in helping new parents continue to breastfeed when they return to work. Being breastfeeding-friendly child care can increase the length of time babies are breastfed, leading to better health.
Who is this training for?
- All types of child care providers are welcome!
- Child care directors
- Early childhood professionals
Attendees will receive:
- 2 clock hours in health, safety, and nutrition.
- An opportunity to earn Colorado Shines points.
- Free prizes for your center or home.
- Complimentary dinner!
- Understand the benefits of breastfeeding and why breastfeeding support is important.
- Recognize baby feeding cues and how to care for breastfed babies.
- Identify how to receive, prepare and store breast milk.
- Know how to access and share breastfeeding resources with families.
- Learn how to create a welcoming environment that encourages and supports breastfeeding.
Note: This class also meets the training requirements for the Tri-County Health Department’s Breastfeeding Friendly Child Care certification.
Registration is required and space is limited. Reserve your spot today!
Contact Caitlin at email@example.com or 303-406-1556 with any questions.
Granting of permission by the Arapahoe Library District to use library facilities does not constitute an endorsement by the Library District staff or Board of Trustees.
Advancing Breastfeeding in Colorado: A project funded by the Cancer, Cardiovascular and Chronic Pulmonary Disease Grants Program.