- This training has passed.
Pyramid Plus Approach (Session 15 &16)
February 24 @ 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
*This will be just the first 1/2 of Session 16
8 Training Sessions on Embedding Evidence-based Inclusion Practices into the Pyramid Model Framework which supports the Social Emotional Competence and Addresses Challenging Behavior in Young Children.
Pyramid Plus Approach Training (delivered by Pyramid Plus Staff or Certified Trainer) meets the state requirements for Child Guidance Strategies. To receive a certificate of attendance you must attend ALL days of training and complete ALL 18 sessions.
Targeted Audience: Early Childhood professionals and others working to improve the social emotional health of children Birth – 5 years; including administrators, coaches, trainers, teachers, Early Childhood Mental Health consultants and specialists, Early Intervention providers and other health professionals are encouraged to attend.
Structure of Training: The materials are developed so participants will be able to apply strategies and tools in their practice. Presentation will be delivered in a manner that systematically breaks the content into 18 sessions with specific topics and strategies, which provide concrete examples based in a variety of settings (center based and home).
About the Trainer: LJ Werner has been a Pyramid Trainer and coach in Colorado for over 8 years and works closely with many programs. She puts these practices into place at The Child Learning Center’s (CLC) Inclusive Program (ages 18 mos – 5yrs) on CU Boulder’s Campus as the ECSE and Director. Her passion is to promote evidence-based best practices that emphasizes on inclusion, social-emotional development and guiding challenging behaviors through providing education, coaching and modeling. Her goal is to support ALL who work with children in feeling successful and inspired in the classroom and beyond. She believes that children are the most important part of our communities and beyond.
April 2, 2022 | 9:00am – 2:00pm
- Session 1: Introduction to the PPA
- Session 2: Inclusion: Understanding IDEA & Beyond
- Session 3: Effective Workforce & System
Monday April 4, 2022 | 5:30pm – 9:00pm
- Session 4: Defining Social Emotional Development & Evidence Based Practices
Monday April 11, 2022 5:30 – 9:00
- Session 5: Nurturing and Responsive Relationships
Saturday April 16, 2022 | 9:00 am – 3:00pm
- Session 6: Partnering Effectively with Families
- Session 7: Supportive Environment: Physical Environments
- Session 8: Supportive Environment: Schedules & Routines
Monday April 18, 2022 | 5:30 pm – 9:00 pm
- Session 9: Supportive Environment: Expectations & Transitions
Monday April 25, 2022 | 5:30pm – 9:30pm
- Session 10: Universal Screening: Early Detection of Social Emotional Growth
- Session 11: Teaming with Families/Writing Functional Goals & Outcomes
Monday May 2, 2022 | 5:30 pm – 9:00 pm
- Session 12: Intentional Planning & Embedded Learning Opportunities
Monday May 9, 2022 | 5:30 pm – 9:00 pm
- Session 13: Teaching Social & Friendship Skills
Monday May 16, 2022 | 5:30 pm – 9:00 pm
- Session 14: Emotional Literacy & Competence
Monday May 23, 2022 | 5:30 pm – 9:30 pm
- Session 15: Supporting Early Development: Self-Regulation to Conflict Resolution
- 1st ½ Session 16: Overview for Creating a Positive Behavior Support Plan (PBS)
Monday June 6, 2022 | 5:30 pm – 9:00 pm
- 2nd ½ Session 16: Overview for Creating a Positive Behavior Support Plan (PBS)
- Session 17: Understanding the Functions of Behavior & Assessment
Monday June 13, 2022| 5:30pm – 9:30 pm
- Session 18: Developing & Implementing PBS
If the Trainer Cancels: Make Up Date June 20th