- This training has passed.
Pyramid Plus Approach (18 Sessions with LJ Werner)
October 17, 2022 @ 5:30 pm - 9:00 pm
REGISTRATION CLOSES OCTOBER 10th to attend all 18 sessions
Click here for registration, make ups, and payment information.
About the Trainer: LJ Werner has been a Pyramid Trainer/Coach/Facilitator in Colorado for over 9 years and works closely with many programs. She puts these practices into place at The Child Learning Center’s (CLC) Inclusive Program (ages 18 mos – 5yrs) on CU Boulder’s Campus as the ECSE and Director. Her passion is to promote evidence-based best practices that emphasizes on inclusion, social-emotional development and guiding challenging behaviors through providing education, coaching and modeling. Her goal is to support ALL who work with children in feeling successful and inspired in the classroom and beyond. She believes that children are the most important part of our communities and beyond.
Dates and Times
Monday October 17, 2022 | 5:30pm – 9:00pm
- Session 1: Introduction to the PPA
- Session 2: Inclusion: Understanding IDEA +
Monday October 24, 2022 | 5:30pm – 9:00pm
- Session 3: Effective Workforce & System
Monday November 7, 2022 |5:30pm– 9:00pm
- Session 4: Defining Social Emotional Development & Evidence Based Practices
Monday November 7, 2022 |5:30 pm–9:00 pm
- Session 5: Nurturing and Responsive Relationships
Monday November 14, 2022 |5:30 pm–9:00 pm
- Session 6: Partnering Effectively with Families
Monday November 21, 2022 |5:30pm – 9:00pm
- Session 7: Supportive Environment: Physical Environments
Monday December 5, 2022 |5:30 pm – 9:00pm
- Session 8: Supportive Environment: Schedules & Routines
Monday December 12, 2023 |5:30pm – 9:00pm
- Session 9: Supportive Environment: Expectations & Transitions
Monday January 16, 2023 | 5:30pm – 9:00pm
- Session 10: Universal Screening: Early Detection of Social Emotional Growth
- Session 11: Teaming with Families/Writing Functional Goals & Outcomes
Monday January 23, 2023 | 5:30pm – 9:00pm
- Session 12: Intentional Planning & Embedded Learning Opportunities
Monday January 30, 2023 | 5:30pm – 9:00pm
- Session 13: Teaching Social & Friendship Skills
Monday February 6, 2023 | 5:30pm – 9:00pm
- Session 14: Emotional Literacy & Competence
Monday February 13, 2023|5:30pm – 9:00pm
- Session 15: Supporting Early Development: Self-Regulation to Conflict Resolution
- 1st ½ Session 16: Overview for Creating a Positive Behavior Support Plan (PBS)
Monday February 27, 2023|5:30pm – 9:00pm
- 2nd ½ Session 16: Overview for Creating a Positive Behavior Support Plan (PBS)
- Session 17: Understanding the Functions of Behavior & Assessment
Monday March 6, 2023|5:30pm – 9:00pm
- Session 18: Developing & Implementing PBS
If the Trainer Cancels: Make Up Date March 13, 2023
Targeted Audience: Early Childhood professionals and others working to improve the social emotional health of children Birth – 5 years; including administrators, coaches, trainers, teachers, Early Childhood Mental Health consultants and specialists, Early Intervention providers and other health professionals are encouraged to attend.
Structure of Training: The materials are developed so participants will be able to apply strategies and tools in their practice. Presentation will be delivered in a manner that systematically breaks the content into 18 sessions with specific topics and strategies, which provide concrete examples based in a variety of settings (center based and home).
Pyramid Plus Approach Training (delivered by Pyramid Plus Staff or Certified Trainer) meets the state requirements for Child Guidance Strategies and CO Shines as a recognized level 2 series training. To receive a certificate of attendance you must attend ALL days of training and complete ALL 18 sessions.
For questions, contact: LJ Werner, MA – ECSE, Colorado Early Childhood Approved Advance Trainer & Coach, Pyramid Facilitator
303-330-8277 / email@example.com
PAYMENT PLANS & COACHING AVAILABLE
CLASS SIZE LIMITED