- This training has passed.
Meal Service Training w/ CACFP, Cooking Matters and Nourish Colorado
June 12 @ 9:00 am - 11:00 amFree
About this Event
Join us for a 2 hour collaborative meal service training for child care professionals.
How to Properly Identify and Meet CACFP Recommendations: Whole Grain Rich & Sugar limits in Yogurt and Cereal
During this session a CACFP Nutrition Consultant will engage participants on the benefits of the CACFP meal pattern and creative tools to meet the nutritional guidelines.
- Properly identify a Whole Grain Rich product, and why they are important to serve to children in care.
- Learn how to calculate sugar limits for both cereal and yogurt.
- Access to resources, handouts and a question and answer session.
PART 2: (Choose 1 of 2 Pathways)
No More Mealtime Meltdowns: Working with Picky Eaters
During this session, nutrition experts from Cooking Matters will discuss several ways we can help even the pickiest of kids learn to try new foods through positive mealtime environments.
- Learn ways to help kids develop good eating habits through positive mealtime environments
- Discuss how to help kids enjoy a variety of colorful fruits and vegetables
- Discuss age-appropriate ways that children can be involved into the food process
Sharpen your Knife Skills: Cutting Fresh Vegetables with Confidence
Join along as a professional chef from Nourish Colorado (formerly LiveWell Colorado) teaches you how to safely and effectively use a knife to cut fresh produce. We will also demonstrate using the vegetables we cut to make a delicious Southwestern Bean and Corn Salad together.
- Describe 2 knife cuts used in food production using a chefs’ knife
- Demonstrate the proper stance, grip, guiding hand and movement when using a chefs’ knife
- Define Mise en Place and list two benefits it provides
- Recall at least 2 food safety practices designed to prevent food borne illness
These trainings are appropriate for centers and family child care providers participating in CACFP, or those considering enrollment in CACFP, and based in Colorado.
After registering for this event, you will be mailed incentives and materials to be used for the training. If you do not attend the training, you will be required to return all incentive items.