- This training has passed.
Healthy Smiles Champion Training
November 17 @ 6:00 pm - 8:00 pm
One event on December 15, 2021 at 6:00 pm
Since the pandemic started numerous children, especially from low-income families, have not had appropriate dental care. A study done in November 2020 showed that almost 67% of the parents surveyed would only seek out urgent dental care (1). In addition, according to the Children’s Health Fund, an estimated 19% of children ages 5 – 19 have untreated cavities (2). The good news is you, as an early childhood professional, can have a direct impact on this largely preventable disease!
Healthy Child Care Colorado is seeking professionals to become Healthy Smiles Champions!
What is a Healthy Smiles Champion?
An individual who works in an early childhood education setting, or in the community, with knowledge, passion, and skills to support early childhood professionals in making changes to their facilities’ environments, practices and policies to improve staff and children’s health habits
As a champion:
- You will receive training, tools, and a stipend to ensure success in this important work.
- You can choose to work in your own program or support another in implementing the Cavity Free Kids curriculum and oral health best practices.
- We will support all champions in this work including teaching a toothbrushing technique that can be done safely within COVID restrictions.
Participants can attend one of these 2 scheduled virtual training:
- Wednesday, November 17, 2021 | 6:00 pm – 8:00 pm
- Wednesday, December 15, 2021 | 6:00 pm – 8:00 pm