Cooking Matters for Child Care Professionals
October 19 @ 9:00 am - 5:00 pmFree
Want to identify ways to make healthy foods appeal to kids?
Need new recipe ideas that fit CACFP guidelines?
Want to learn ways to encourage healthy eating habits?
If you said yes, come join us for a Cooking Matters for Child Care Professionals hands-on cooking and nutrition training at no cost to you!
Practice skills like:
- Promoting positive mealtime attitudes and behaviors
- Identifying simple, yet nutritious snacks and meals
- Organizing cooking activities for the classroom
- Safely and efficiently preparing healthy food options
After the course, you will receive:
- A workbook highlighting information covered during the training, 34 recipes, and an activity bank
- New, essential kitchen tools for your program and home
- 8 clock hours in health, safety, and nutrition
Throughout the course, there will be hands-on food preparation of snacks and meals that will be enjoyed as a group. See you there!